Anyone from sheffield lane top in the 60s

derfblade

Well said Fred, glad to hear he's still thought about. Think of him most days and wish he was going down to the Lane with us on match days. Regards, Paul T.

i still remember his last game at leicester when we got promoted and the pigs went DOWN.we came back throuhg hillsboro and he dropped his kecks and stuck his arse out of the window....classic....u ok paul?

Barnsley Road from Hatfield House lane down towards Highgreave used to be called Sheffield Lane. Hence the top of the lane became Sheffield Lane Top. As the years have passed by the area around there is now known as Sheffield Lane Top. Although I don't think you will find the name in any official documents. I think it's a name that was created by local people and it has stuck.

By the way, Paul Barber is alive and well. He is a fairly regular punter in Firth Park W.M.C. and Sheffield Lane W.M.C. ( please note I said Sheffield Lane W.M.C. and not Sheffield Lane Top W.M.C. as it is officialy known)

Archived