Ricky Gervais and the 'm' word

Ricky Gervais is neither funny nor talented - with any lucky he will crawl back under the stone he emerged from and stay there for a very long time.:gag:

Well said.

But admittedly, the only good thing I found him in, was the Office; that's it.

Masked swearing.

No, it isn't. An example of masked swearing would be if I replaced the letter 'a' with a '4' in a word which rhymes with 'banker' and describes Ricky Gervais.

It's so many years since I heard of someone with Down's Syndrome being a "Mongol" that I'd almost forgotten it ever was a term of abuse. It would not surprise me if there are people around who simply don't make the connection with "mong" as an insult, and Down's Syndrome.

That said, once it's pointed out those people should apologise for any inadvertant offence they may have caused, and stopped using it. My ex-wife was horrified when she realised where the term "throwing a leppy" came from, which she used to use to described having a major tantrum.

Archived