Ricky Gervais and the 'm' word

But admittedly, the only good thing I found him in, was the Office; that's it.

Was "The Office" funny, then? ;) if so, it must've passed me by! lol

Lol :D - well maybe it was the first time I saw Gervais (apart from a few skits he did on a show a few years earlier) and his impression of 'Brent' was quite lasting; and to be fair, it was a combination of him and other cast members that made the show.

No shame in saying that he did do something funny (albeit about 10 years ago) ;)

No, it isn't. An example of masked swearing would be if I replaced the letter 'a' with a '4' in a word which rhymes with 'banker' and describes Ricky Gervais.

Mods remove 4 asterisks all the time and put reason for editing as masked swearing. There's loads of examples but I'm using a crap mobile to type this so I won't bother looking.

Anyway back on topic. I liked the office.

He pushes boundaries. Not always in a good way but he isn't scared of saying what he thinks.

It would appear that the boundary that he's pushing at the moment is 'one too far'.

He can be as bold in saying what he thinks as he wants, as long as he understands that it will genuinely offend people and make a proportion of people who otherwise could have liked him turn off their TV whenever he's on.

Sadly, such derogatory terms for people with disabilities are not seen as being as offensive as racist terms.

Mods use remove 4 asterisks all the time and put reason for editing as masked swearing. There's loads of examples but I'm using a crap mobile to type this so I won't bother looking.

Then they're wrong :D .

Anyway back on topic. I liked the office.

I didn't.

There was a lovely anecdote on some comedian's Twitter-linked blog last night relating Gervais's back-stage diva-like antics while performing in some charity benefit a while back. Most amusing; unlike Gervais.

That's a matter of opinion isn't it?

Unless he's got a certificate of his IQ, anyway.

Never seen much that's funny in laughing at other people's misfortune myself.

whos laughing at other peoples misfortunes? a jokes a joke dont get offended my friend!!!!

Never seen much that's funny in laughing at other people's misfortune myself.

Isn't laughing at other misfortune what comedy is all about?

Many that do laugh at others misfortunes, are usually capable of laughing at their own.

Archived