The one and only Gaddafi thread.

What an absurd and crassly stupid thing to say. Are you a racist moron or something?

he's just saying that being shot like a dog on the street is a pretty normal Arab political process. There's nothing unusual about it at all. In the Arab world, revolutions are the most common means of attaining power and assassinations have been the most prevalent means of political expression. Since 1948, about 45 Heads of State have been murdered. Maybe 130 other major political assassinations, of senior political figures have been recorded. If it was Europe, it would be like having one Prime Minister or President, and two Chancellors of the Exchequer or Finance Ministers getting murdered every year. It's by far the world's most volatile and violent region. For sure, life is cheap to them. You'd just be dumb if you came to any other conclusion.

Only if you consider that most there people lived on less than $2 a day "doing rather well", then yes, I suppose they were.

Perhaps I should clarify my post the cost of living there is much lower than say England etc. I have been there a few times on holiday in the past we stayed with some family friends it is one of the few islamic places where women had freedom & the right to an education etc. No place is perfect remember the Riots here a few weeks ago?.

jeez there's some total ignoramauses on this forum. The only Libyans living on $2 a day were out in the desert where they had no need for it. Even under Gadaffi Libya was a middle-ranking country, not as wealthy as it should have been or should be (it has potential to be one of the richest countries in the world), but by no means dirt poor. Nothing like next-door Egypt.

Archived