The one and only Gaddafi thread.

According to the BBC - interesting times ahead!

Ive no time for Gaddaffi but i cant help feeling sorry for him at the end.

What an horrific way to go being set upon by that mob wanting to rip him into tiny pieces.

Not the way id like to spend my last few seconds on earth i can tell you.

I have no reason to lie as I mentioned they are OLD family friends. Nowhere did I mention they were ancient Jews.

what were they then? Just foreign expats that happen to be Jewish and living behind the walls in a compound and keeping very quiet about being Jewish, as you will find, or more accurately probably not find if they're not stupid enough to broadcast it, just about everywhere in the Gulf?

the Jewish community of Libya, which is 3,000 years old, is over. It's gone. Finito. There's not a single one left. Some French or American Jewish person working for an oil company on a temporary contract or a foreign English teacher doesn't count.

what were they then? Just foreign expats that happen to be Jewish and living behind the walls in a compound and keeping very quiet about being Jewish, as you will find, or more accurately probably not find if they're not stupid enough to broadcast it, just about everywhere in the Gulf?

the Jewish community of Libya, which is 3,000 years old, is over. It's gone. Finito. There's not a single one left. Some French or American Jewish person working for an oil company on a temporary contract or a foreign English teacher doesn't count.

The surprising thing is that most of them went to live in Israel, well not really very surprising but I'm sure many people will say they didn't go to Israel because Israel is full of Europeans.

no matter how much the left try to weasel out of it now, there's no question Gaddaffi was a hero to the Socalist Worker crowd and not just them either. As usual they delude themselves that these tyrants are 'anti imperialists' just because they have this cosmetic anti-western rhetoric. Chavez is basically today's version of what Gadaffi was in the 1980s. I attended a WRP meeting in London once as a teenager and when it finished the whole lot of them started to chant 'GADAFFI GADAFFI GADAFFI!'.

numbskulls.

You are right there mate about the shirkers revolutionary party. They are saying he died a hero.:huh:

New footage shows Gaddafi pleading for his life moment before he is shot in cold blood.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15390188

Even though its good he is no longer in power, I fail to see how the rebels acted any better than Gaddafi himself.

I feel disappointed that he isn't around to give information, but I do understand his death. Earlier in the conflict 2 of his sons were captured only to be freed again shortly afterwards. Gaddafi being captured would have been a focus for forces intent on freeing him. Didn't something like that happen with one of the top Taliban leaders in Afghanistan?

I see the human rights mob have jumped on the bandwagon . I have just been watching one of them on sky news moaning and bleating about his death.:roll::roll:

How is it just to execute him in the street without him ever having to face up to his crimes?

Archived