The one and only Gaddafi thread.

I read about what a lot Gaddafi did for his people so why did they want rid of him so much, from some of the threads on here it sounds like the the people were better off than us,.

There was high unempoyment and poverty in Lybia at a time when all should have been living a comfortable life from the proceeds of the oil.

There was high unempoyment and poverty in Lybia at a time when all should have been living a comfortable life from the proceeds of the oil.

A bit like the UK then?

For the life of me I cannot understand the people commenting on here about ' he he got he deserved' and 'he got all that was coming to him' .

We are Englishmen, we do not go in for this kind of thing.

These people are obviously savages, and worse than the despotic tyrant they have deposed.

To think that our PM supported with my money, and yours the support of this group of scum is beyond belief. I am disgusted by this behaviour which my country has actively encouraged, and which could not have taken place without its wholehearted millitary support.

It would have been better if Ghadaffi had been allowed to live and given a fair trial but that's from the point of view of someone who is not Libyan and never experienced the oppressiveness and deprivations of living under Ghadaffi nor seen members of the familiy gunned down and homes destroyed by Ghadaffi's soldiers in tanks at the beginning of the uprising.

Hate is a powerful thing and it makes people act in ways that they normally would not act.

It would have been better if Ghadaffi had been allowed to live and given a fair trial but that's from the point of view of someone who is not Libyan and never experienced the oppressiveness and deprivations of living under Ghadaffi nor seen members of the familiy gunned down and homes destroyed by Ghadaffi's soldiers in tanks at the beginning of the uprising.

Hate is a powerful thing and it makes people act in ways that they normally would not act.

This is the danger of disestablishing the rule of law before another is in place.

You end up with mob rule.

And obviously the mob in north Africa is a very uncivilised one, if we are to believe the storys of this evil tyrants demise.

The poor Libyans are out of the frying pan into the fire it seems.

This is the danger of disestablishing the rule of law before another is in place.

You end up with mob rule.

And obviously the mob in north Africa is a very uncivilised one, if we are to believe the storys of this evil tyrants demise.

The poor Libyans are out of the frying pan into the fire it seems.

Wait until you see what the Syrians do to Assad :D

Wait until you see what the Syrians do to Assad :D

Seriously, dont revel in it.

These guys arnt Paul Revere you know.

They are determined people with one idea in mind.

And that is not international capitalism.

The reason these countries are being over thrown is that they are too lovey dovey with the USA.

Once Europe goes, you are on your own.

And you, as a people will get what Ghaddaffi got, but not with a bayonet, but something much larger I think.

The reason these countries are being over thrown is that they are too lovey dovey with the USA.

And you, as a people will get what Ghaddaffi got, but not with a bayonet, but something much larger I think.

Are you seriously arguing that Gaddafi and Assad were / are pro - USA :huh:

And where exactly is Europe going :help:

Wot Syria??? lovey dovey with the USA. Absolute piffle my man. And where is Europe going??? Possibly into the lap of China as several EU officials have been to Beijing recently to court more Chinese investment and get some of that surplus money the Chinese have to help ease the current monetary crisis in Europe.

The Chinese will more than likely oblige and give the EU an ass end job with a pair of chopsticks the size of of Cleopatra's needle in the years to come

Better start brushing up on that Mandarin my man :hihi: :hihi:

He's been on the barley wine again. Please try to humour him :hihi:

No need to humour me.

You seem to be getting yourslves ready to accept as your masters people you despised last century.

How can you apologise for the Vietnam War you fought against Chinese Communism and now hold out the begging bowl to them?

Johnson sent all your young men to die to stop them, and failed.

Now you are creeping to them like lost children.

If the capitalist was capable of feeling disgrace this would be the time.

Archived