The one and only Gaddafi thread.

No, whatever gives you that idea?

Can you not read correctly? - I said I hope there'll be democratic elections.

Its already known who is going to run the country and indeed control the oil.

Of course there might be a voting process but the outcome is already decided and it will be someone the Americans get on very well with ;)

Of course there might be a voting process but the outcome is already decided and it will be someone the Americans get on very well with ;)

Go on then, give me some names.

Well the video of his capture and killing was, frankly, highly amusing. Arabs doing what they do better than anyone else in the whole world, even the French and Iranians - loads of screaming, shouting, pushing and shoving - complete and utter chaos. I'm only surprised that he was the only one to get slotted in such a shambolic situation, with so many armed and barely trained hysterics around.

its already known who is going to run the country and indeed control the oil.

Of course there might be a voting process but the outcome is already decided and it will be someone the americans get on very well with ;)

spot on :)

Well the video of his capture and killing was, frankly, highly amusing. Arabs doing what they do better than anyone else in the whole world, even the French and Iranians - loads of screaming, shouting, pushing and shoving - complete and utter chaos. I'm only surprised that he was the only one to get slotted in such a shambolic situation, with so many armed and barely trained hysterics around.

You're losing sight of your own humanity there.

We better hope it is :)

I think justice has been done. Shot in a sewer by the "rats" he threatened to exterminate seems to a suitably just end to his murderous life.

Incredibly expensive long winded trials in the Hague provide a very nice living for lawyers and associated hangers on - i've yet to see any proof that they deliver better justice than a couple of inexpensive bullets for the likes of Gaddafi who are plainly guilty.

It seemed a little foolhardy to me. A few weeks ago people were running around like headless chickens trying to find information about 50,000 political prisoners rumoured to be held in underground prisons. A lot of secrets will have died today.

I am very dubious about this whole thing.

What were the motives of this coalition for fighting this war, so quickly and soon after gaining the tenuous fingerhold they have on power?

What are we, as a nation, supposed to gain from it?

Why was Ghaddaffi silenced before he had a chance to speak?

It would have been far more decisive to the truth behind his various crimes to have him interrogated in court to discover the truth behind Lockerbie, and IRA funding etc.

The whole affair seems very, very, suspect to me.

Nothing about it has the ring of truth.

In fact to paraphrase, the truth has been interred with his soul, along with Bin ladens.

Archived