The one and only Gaddafi thread.

Its already known who is going to run the country and indeed control the oil.

Of course there might be a voting process but the outcome is already decided and it will be someone the Americans get on very well with ;)

God bless the USA and UK. If not for the US and the UK the entire world would be a hell hole of countries testing their metal against one another.

I am very dubious about this whole thing.

What were the motives of this coalition for fighting this war, so quickly and soon after gaining the tenuous fingerhold they have on power?

What are we, as a nation, supposed to gain from it?

Why was Ghaddaffi silenced before he had a chance to speak?

It would have been far more decisive to the truth behind his various crimes to have him interrogated in court to discover the truth behind Lockerbie, and IRA funding etc.

The whole affair seems very, very, suspect to me.

Nothing about it has the ring of truth.

In fact to paraphrase, the truth has been interred with his soul, along with Bin ladens.

What was your previous username? Can't quite recall.

It seemed a little foolhardy to me. A few weeks ago people were running around like headless chickens trying to find information about 50,000 political prisoners rumoured to be held in underground prisons. A lot of secrets will have died today.

He'd got so delusional that whatever info he may have had would be so unreliable it would likely have little value. Many regime figures have been captured alive and will be much more knowledgeable about opperational matters than the dead dog.

Let the Libyans have their party without snidy whining is my view on the matter.

He'd got so delusional that whatever info he may have had would be so unreliable it would likely have little value. Many regime figures have been captured alive and will be much more knowledgeable about opperational matters than the dead dog.

Let the Libyans have their party without snidy whining is my view on the matter.

I trust you are jesting.

You do realise the situation we are now in dont you? The entire Mediterranean coast of Africa is destabilised.

No European country is capable of doing anything with it.

The USA is not interested.

But I know some folk who are.

It is not so long ago that the Saud family was gifted the whole of Arabia.

It looks now as if they are to be given the rest of North Africa to go with it.

This is a dangerous path to walk.

God bless the USA and UK. If not for the US and the UK the entire world would be a hell hole of countries testing their metal against one another.

Could you elaborate as to how the UK and US have prevented, say, Norway and Sweden having a war between themselves. Ditto for New Zealand and Australia, Vatican City and San Marino, the North and South Poles and, oh I dunno, China and Guernsey. And how has drug consumption in the US kept Mexico and Colombia so tranquil these past few years?

I trust you are jesting.

You do realise the situation we are now in dont you? The entire Mediterranean coast of Africa is destabilised.

No European country is capable of doing anything with it.

The USA is not interested.

But I know some folk who are.

It is not so long ago that the Saud family was gifted the whole of Arabia.

It looks now as if they are to be given the rest of North Africa to go with it.

This is a dangerous path to walk.

Not really sure what you're getting at.

Are you saying libyans freeing themselves from a 40 year dictatorship is a bad thing? If so that's a pretty sick attitude.

Archived