The one and only Gaddafi thread.

That is what I mean, what had he done, or was about to do, that required his elimination so quickly?

His comeuppance seems an absolute farce, ranking alongside the murders of the Russian royal family in the days of the revolution, and Goebbles (was it him?, I cant remember, but it was one of them) death in his hospital.

All left guarded by lowly soldiers, and died under uncontrolled circumstances.

Its already known who is going to run the country and indeed control the oil.

Of course there might be a voting process but the outcome is already decided and it will be someone the Americans get on very well with ;)

Not neccessarily. Europe is the main trading partner in Libyan crude dwarfing American imports.

Could you elaborate as to how the UK and US have prevented, say, Norway and Sweden having a war between themselves. Ditto for New Zealand and Australia, Vatican City and San Marino, the North and South Poles and, oh I dunno, China and Guernsey. And how has drug consumption in the US kept Mexico and Colombia so tranquil these past few years?

Dont be silly.

Do you not think, if not for the US and to a lesser extent the UK, that China or Russia would have had a pop at the west by now?

That is what I mean, what had he done, or was about to do, that required his elimination so quickly?

His comeuppance seems an absolute farce, ranking alongside the murders of the Russian royal family in the days of the revolution, and Goebbles (was it him?, I cant remember, but it was one of them) death in his hospital.

All left guarded by lowly soldiers, and died under uncontrolled circumstances.

The "lowly soldiers" you refer to are the ones whose courage, endeavour and blood have freed Libya..so excuse me if they didn't convene a war crimes tribunal and hire some lawyers as soon as gaddafis men started firing at them.

Are you a gadaffi regime loyalist? I can't find any other explanation for your posts

The "lowly soldiers" you refer to are the ones whose courage, endeavour and blood have freed Libya..so excuse me if they didn't convene a war crimes tribunal and hire some lawyers as soon as gaddafis men started firing at them.

Are you a gadaffi regime loyalist? I can't find any other explanation for your posts

I dont believe they have freed it, not one jot.

This so called Arab Spring, should have been called the Desert Dew, as it will disappear at the first sign of heat.

I am not an apologist for any leader, but I cannot fathom why Ghaddafi is reviled so much, when so much money came Englands way from him.

Benghazi, Misurata and Tripoli power stations for instance were built with Italian/English colaberation, we were getting favorable oil prices, and he was a buffer zone.

I am very dubious about this whole thing.

What were the motives of this coalition for fighting this war, so quickly and soon after gaining the tenuous fingerhold they have on power?

What are we, as a nation, supposed to gain from it?

Why was Ghaddaffi silenced before he had a chance to speak?

It would have been far more decisive to the truth behind his various crimes to have him interrogated in court to discover the truth behind Lockerbie, and IRA funding etc.

The whole affair seems very, very, suspect to me.

Nothing about it has the ring of truth.

In fact to paraphrase, the truth has been interred with his soul, along with Bin ladens.

And so the conspiracy theories begin.:rolleyes:

... I am not an apologist for any leader, but I cannot fathom why Ghaddafi is reviled so much,...

Maybe something to do with empathy for the thousands of people that he had disappeared, jailed, tortured and killed over 40 years? The fact that when the Libyan populace started protesting for their rights last February, he attacked them with his army and airplanes?

This so called Arab Spring, should have been called the Desert Dew, as it will disappear at the first sign of heat.

I am not an apologist for any leader, but I cannot fathom why Ghaddafi is reviled so much, when so much money came Englands way from him.

Benghazi, Misurata and Tripoli power stations for instance were built with Italian/English colaberation, we were getting favorable oil prices, and he was a buffer zone.

You clearly have the morals of a rattlesnake.

Goodbye.

I have a spanner here...ready

It's rumoured that both the British and the Americans were using Ghadaffi to torture certain undesirables on their behalf and I'm buggered if I can find the site that reported it. If true then it's a fair bet he wouldn't have made it to a trial.

Then you're probably cretinously stupid, or morally bankrupt - does it sit comfortably with you that the man has been committing atrocious and murderous acts against his people for decades?

Archived