Teamviewer scam - beware

Please be aware that any phone calls you receive claiming that there is something wrong with your PC and your internet connection is sending out "bad files" caused by a virus... is a complete scam.

In a nutshell, the aim is to get you to download the Teamviewer software (not malicious in and of itself) as a pretend fix, leave some files on your computer and use it to record your future web sessions which I assume would be used to pick up all sorts of data.

You have been warninged.

Team viewer still requires you to give someone the 4 digit pin before they can remotely connect though.Unless they are installing something when they have team viewer running.

As long as people keep AV software and MalwareBytesAntiMalware and possibly superantispyware on their computer and up to date they should be safe from most rootkits,trojans,viruses etc.

Guessed it was a scam anyway because how would they know if your PC had a virus?

Well they told me that my computer was sending out infected files via my internet connection.

eatshmeat, remember there are less computer savvy people who would be vulnerable to this sort of thing. Doesn't make them fools.

Well they told me that my computer was sending out infected files via my internet connection.

eatshmeat, remember there are less computer savvy people who would be vulnerable to this sort of thing. Doesn't make them fools.

common sense would surely prevail here and make you ask some questions? as it whats my machine name? what ISP do I have?

Or to make it even easier. NO company EVER would call you legitimately and say this

Archived