Do you hate the Russians?

Do you hate the Russians?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate the Russians?

• Yes. They're all evil and we need to kill them all
    • No - They're just people caught up in it because some of the leaders were idiots
    • I know nothing because I'm too stupid to read anything about history

Probably not, but do they know something that the rest don't?

Despite the BBC portraying the 'Arab Spring' as a bunch of happy-clappy protestors bravely standing up to wicked regimes, it's becoming obvious that they're just a bunch of trigger-happy thugs. It's all propaganda. (Did you know that Syrian TV projected our own 'riots' last August in exactly the same way? That of brave students rising up against a wicked Government?)

The Russians and Chinese realise that granting freedoms to those who will abuse them is the road to anarchy. Iraq needed a hard-line nutjob like Saddam. Ditto Libya with Gaddafi and Syria with Assad.

These people are Stone Age (see the Egyptian football riots last week) and attempts to force Western-style Governments will simply not work. We've seen it in Iraq and we'll definitely see it in Afghanistan as soon as our troops pull out.

and, I forgot,about the war-whatever was before or after- Second world war was the biggest horror for everybody,there would've be Nazism everywhere now if we would've fail.and grandma and

granddad were on that war,and on the 9th of May is a day when we celebrate the victory which was the most painful for Russia(in relation to all deaths and all the suffer) and I think just for that you can respect Russian people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpR_E4jxmtM&feature=related

maybe your grandma and granddad could relate to this beautiful bit of "moving artwork " anichka

I understand that no nukes were directed at Sheffield and this was because one of the Russian Presidents was a big fan of Sheffield United, and so did not want to damage Bramall Lane.

Once the old Soviet Union collapsed I think it turned out (through the release of formerly secret documents) that they had 4 nukes trained on Sheffield.

Clearly the Politburo were as unhappy with the goings on at Bramhall Lane as the rest of us.

I've watched Russia Today quite a lot recently, and it has opened my eyes to just how much the Kremlin establishment still have it in for us.

News reporters and interviewees on this channel can hardly hide their glee at the prospect that the EU might collapse.

They attribute the bloodshed in Syria solely to 'Western interference' and wheel out one stooge after another to relentlessly re-inforce the message that the West is evil. I can see there is some truth in this, but coming from a regime run by gangsters and ex secret policemen, with a track record of sending 'dissidents' to a slow death in concentration camps, and which continues to arm some of the nastiest dictators in modern history, I find it a bit nauseating.

Still, nice of Putin and his sychophantic hordes to let us know they still seek the demise of the West - not to replace it with a better, fairer system, but a worse more injust one.

Good thread, this; to get people thinking and debating: It is clear that ordinary Russians are great people; I heard from news reports that nine hundred thousand , yes, NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND of them were on the streets of Moscow the past few days, to call for the resignation and impeachment of 'Putrid' Putin; many are calling for him to be tried and hanged for Treason, not to mention the enormous dislike of him in the Ukraine and all states bordering Russia.

Really hoping it will be the end for Putin very soon, Russia's economy has gone to rack and ruin, all for nowt, because of Putin's twisted-minded attempts to prop up the rotting, collapsing heap that is Syria's 'Ass-ad' regime.

Russia has, and never had, any economic or military gain in being involved with Syria; lets hope they will leve Syria ENTIRELY to its own devices, or else its repercussions for Russia will make the legacy that Vietnam left to the US look like nothing in comparison... :)

Archived