Millhouses pub - new owners?

monkeyzoe

You got 3 pubs within half a mile down there and its hardly a busy area particularly in the evening.

I just question with the decline in people using pubs the area can support all 3.

Maybe but there are plenty of chimney pots and Abbeydale road has a general lack of boozers.

Smithy - that`s good news about the Railway. Hope it does ales.

The Millhouses was one of my locals when I first moved to Sheffield. There was a lovely old guy called Norman who used to play the piano. One day, we bought him some sheet music, one of the Ragtime ones, and every time we went in, he'd stop what he was playing and play 'our' tune. His left lapel was covered in snuff, and after a few tunes, he'd walk around the pub offering snuff to everyone. The women weren't excepted: they had to have a good sneeze too! Happy days!

The new licensee moves in next Wednesday (2nd Nov). Opening "do" probably the following week.

Are you sure? It doesn't look anywhere even finished yet.

Take your word for it though. Any idea if they are doing food and will there be real ales on?

Maybe but there are plenty of chimney pots and Abbeydale road has a general lack of boozers.

Smithy - that`s good news about the Railway. Hope it does ales.

a lot of chimney pots for sure - but the people living beneath those chimney don't drink alcohol, many of them. There's a clue.

You got 3 pubs within half a mile down there and its hardly a busy area particularly in the evening.

I just question with the decline in people using pubs the area can support all 3.

good question that.

All 3 would need to be offering something different for them to prosper.

I think the Robin Hood is an awful theme pub with token real ales and frozen food.

I don't know what the Waggon and Horses is like these-days - but it used to be ace when I was a teenager - a great place for young folks and wasn't there some cowboy themed bar in there? I met a lot of lovely young ladies in that pub. But now my wife doesn't allow me to meet lovely young ladies I don't bother going in any more.

a lot of chimney pots for sure - but the people living beneath those chimney don't drink alcohol, many of them. There's a clue.

Reckon they do drink booze in most Millhouses houses!

Waggon is very good for families. Average food, beer passable but they do evrything they can to attract the community in.

Hi Verona,

Sorry if i was confusing, licensee certainly moving in on Wednesday, not sure when it will be open (probably the following week) & yes food will be available. No details about the beer yet.

Excellent, hope they allow children in. It will be nice to try somewhere different that's close by. We used to go to the Robin Hood but they don't aloow children under the age of 14, so now we have a new addition to the family our only option if we want to have a walk and a drink is the Waggon.

Excellent, hope they allow children in. It will be nice to try somewhere different that's close by. We used to go to the Robin Hood but they don't aloow children under the age of 14, so now we have a new addition to the family our only option if we want to have a walk and a drink is the Waggon.

Exactly what I hope they don't do. A pub is for adults, not children.

Archived