Millhouses pub - new owners?

monkeyzoe

I agree pubs are not a place for children or babies !

I agree to a certain extent, that's why some pubs don't allow children. Can't see any harm in popping to a pub for some food with the little ones, providing they behave, but they should be out by 8pm.

Anyway, going off topic!

good question that.

All 3 would need to be offering something different for them to prosper.

I think the Robin Hood is an awful theme pub with token real ales and frozen food.

I don't know what the Waggon and Horses is like these-days - but it used to be ace when I was a teenager - a great place for young folks and wasn't there some cowboy themed bar in there? I met a lot of lovely young ladies in that pub. But now my wife doesn't allow me to meet lovely young ladies I don't bother going in any more.

A popular move among the Millhoses Mafia I am sure.

The scaffolding is down now and when I drove passed late last night they were decorating.

I must say it's looking very nice and a lot more up market than it was before. The layout inside is the same with the bar in the same place, looks like they've made the kitchen bigger at the back.

Can't wait to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
The Millhouses now belongs to Mitchell and Butlers

You sure. Under what brand as it doesn't seem to match any of theirs like Ember Inns, Vintage Inns, All Bar One etc.....?

I was under the impression it was a businessman from Sheffield who also owns the former Pomona now called the Ecclesall.

Archived