Millhouses pub - new owners?

monkeyzoe

Brilliant night at The Millhouses tonight, food was exceptional, lovely to see Carol Baines at the helm. Open tomorrow for a drink, sandwich or three course meal. I wish them loads of luck, ok, it is more expensive than several other pubs close by which serve food, but cheaper than The Prince of Wales, Cross Scythes or Cricket which have similar food & drink it's on a bus route.

Will be back.

Looking forward to trying it.

I know you say the food prices are more expensive than those close by, which I don't mind when the meals are made on site and not in some factory. But are they going to be doing any mid week offers like the Prince? They do two courses for £12 mid week.

Also, are they going to well behaved children in?

Just who are WL Leisure ?

This is pub #3 they have renovated in very recent months (presumably with the help of enterprise?)

Company was only formed in March 11 , no website I can find.

And the Director Chris Windle has directorship at 8 other current companies , plus several dissolved and several resigned...

None of them looks financially viable?

Just seems very weird....:huh:

One to watch!

I popped in today. I thought it was very plush but I struggle to see it`s long term market. Decor was dull and obvious (industrial Sheff plus obligatory McKee). I reckon it could be a pre-Marco`s drinky spot but, then again, The Millhouses looks to be selling itself just on food (layout not conducive to a group drinking). The food will have to be good if that`s the case. Beer was pretty average (Sharp`s Doom Bar). All the best!

Only place for a (decent) pint in Millhouses is The Ale House!

One to watch!

I popped in today. I thought it was very plush but I struggle to see it`s long term market. Decor was dull and obvious (industrial Sheff plus obligatory McKee). I reckon it could be a pre-Marco`s drinky spot but, then again, The Millhouses looks to be selling itself just on food (layout not conducive to a group drinking). The food will have to be good if that`s the case. Beer was pretty average (Sharp`s Doom Bar). All the best!

Thanks for that if it is not conducive to drinkers will give it a miss,will have its work cut out if it is to make money just on food imo,went in the Prince the other Friday night and it was dead,not so long ago it was packed every Friday before they decided they did not want drinkers in there.Interesting that Christians and The Greystones are packed every Friday now.

One to watch!

I take your point. They will end up having to do some midweek deals on food to pull folk in. If the food is good then people will go no matter what they charge.

I don't ming if it's not a drinking bar, be nice just to pop in for a couple of pints though if not eating.

Where is the Ale House?

Archived