Airport delays..

Went to east midlands airport today to pick up my dad who was due back at 12.30 from jersey,he phoned as they were boarding the plane to say we are leaving on time so you might aswell set off now. This i did and got to east mids for about 12.45 to find out there was a delay of SEVEN hours,still dont know why. The passengers were told on the plane there would be a slight delay,which went from 15 mins to 30 mins to 7 pigging hours. Totally wazzed off. we wouldent expect a train ,bus service to run like this but it seems the norm for airlines. RANT OVER.

If the plane develops a technical fault would you rather wait or fly on an "iffy" machine? If a train or bus breaks down it wouldn't normally fall from the sky...

Yeah fully apreciate what you saying,but surely another plane could be sent its only an hours flight after all.

Yeah fully apreciate what you saying,but surely another plane could be sent its only an hours flight after all.

It all depends where the other planes are and what they're doing...with how much they cost I don't suppose the companies will have a spare just lying around somewhere..

which flight would you like them to pull this 'other plane' off?

oo, oo, maybe they pulled your plane off it's scheduled flight to bring another bunch of people home from somewhere else! :D

So a seven hour delay for a one hours flight is acceptable then.

Archived