What has religion done for women.

I don't see anyone claiming claiming that abuse is confined to Muslim communities.:roll: What utter tosh.

I cannot engage with someone on a serious level who constantly refers to women as tarts and slappers. What rule book are you following? The Madonna/Whore one?

Read the thread and you'll find one.

I've only suggested one woman is a slapper. That's the one the EDL leader beats up.

The Abrahamic texts all talk about taking the women of your enemies as sex slaves so I'm not sure which book you are talking about.

The bible/koran encourages sex slaves? Wow. (Pity your post is total crap or we could have some fun)

?!? What relevance does that (non religious men seeing women as sex objects) have to anything?

Drrrr. The thread is asking what has religion done for women. In religious teachings, it isn't allowed to use women purely for sex.

In many a boozer, "I'd like to shag that" is pretty much normal.

Try page 3 of the Sun if you want to see exploitation.

What a ridiculously loaded question.

How about if I asked you what is the greater abuse? A woman who has the freedom to dress how she wants, learn what she wants, do whatever she wants for a living, sleep with whomever she wants, spend her free time however she wants or a woman in a controlling marriage who is forced to dress a certain way, remain ignorant, stay at home and obey her husband like the good book says, unless she gets a beating?

The vast majority of women I know dress as they want. They choose to dress a little covered but most don't wear head coverings. "A little covered" tends to mean round neck rather than deep Vs and skirt below the knees.

I don't know any man here who stops his wife working as she wishes.

I don't know any man here who stops his wife spending her time as she wishes. I give my wife a generous chunk of cash each month with total freedom to do as she wishes. If she fancies a night out with a few of her mates, up to her. I do ask her to tell me where she's going but I tell her where I'm going as well. That's just polite.

Many of my best students are Muslim or Christian girls. One Muslim girl has just won a scholarship to an Australian uni.

Her parents are really proud of her and are helping her as much as they can. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up as president one day.

That makes your post total, uninformed, bigoted crap.

You gonna answer that one? Didn't think so, so why would I answer yours?

You presume too much.

Forgive me for being totally unconvinced by your weak anecdotal evidence.

No.

That makes your post total, uninformed, bigoted crap.

My Bold= Typical lack of politeness from you

I give my wife a generous chunk of cash each month with total freedom to do as she wishes. If she fancies a night out with a few of her mates, up to her. I do ask her to tell me where she's going but I tell her where I'm going as well. That's just polite.

How noble of you to give your wife spending money, how sad:rolleyes:

Mine and my wife's money has always gone into a joint pot, there has never been hers and mine.

What have the EDL got to do with a topic about religion.

What has religion done for women.

The rules laid down in the book religions forbid you to beat the crap out of a drug dealer slapper you happen to be living in sin with and forbid you to beat up policemen who try to stop you.

My contention is simple enough for anyone with an IQ greater that an average monkey.

Religion is one up for women than the abuse they get from some western, non religious men.

It's just ironic the leader of the party trying to save England from Islam is a far greater threat to women than the thing he's fighting against, partially on the grounds that religion is oppressive to women.

The rules laid down in the book religions forbid you to beat the crap out of a drug dealer slapper you happen to be living in sin with and forbid you to beat up policemen who try to stop you.

My contention is simple enough for anyone with an IQ greater that an average monkey.

Religion is one up for women than the abuse they get from some western, non religious men.

It's just ironic the leader of the party trying to save England from Islam is a far greater threat to women than the thing he's fighting against, partially on the grounds that religion is oppressive to women.

So all the leader of the EDL is concerned with is the fact that Muslim men are allowed to beat their wives.

Have you misplaced your pills.:loopy:

My Bold= Typical lack of politeness from you

How noble of you to give your wife spending money, how sad:rolleyes:

Mine and my wife's money has always gone into a joint pot, there has never been hers and mine.

Less than totally polite but the comment regarding that post were factual.

My salary is paid into a bank account. That is decided my my employer.

The cash is then split up into expenses, money we intend to save in the form of bonds and we get the same each as spending money.

Our country house is totally in my wife's name and she may do with it as she wishes without my permission. As far as I'm concerned it's a wedding gift of Rp500,000,000 or about 100 years of average salary in that village.

You may consider the rest of this a comment on your uniformed opinion as very rude because it'll save me typing it if you take a guess.

Archived