What has religion done for women.

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath..." Allah telling Job to beat his wife.

You are aware of course that the bible also contains many passages that we could pick out and make an example of aren't you?

Just checking!

You are aware of course that the bible also contains many passages that we could pick out and make an example of aren't you?

Just checking!

Nothing in the Christian part about wife beating, plenty about love and turning the other cheek.

The translation used in the post by AG is so inaccurate- no where does the word 'scrouge' appear in the Quran. There is no reference to anything relating to whip or lash.

No wonder so many non Muslims get all edgy over it- learn proper arabic if you're that concerned.:rolleyes:

The old 'learn Arabic ploy' :roll:

:huh:What other parts are there?

New testament is Christian, the sermon on the mount being the most foreword thinking speech of all. The bible is a collection of books and as a Christian you need to understand the gospels of Matthew Mark Luke and John before reading the rest.

Nothing in the Christian part about wife beating, plenty about love and turning the other cheek.

New testament is Christian, the sermon on the mount being the most foreword thinking speech of all. The bible is a collection of books and as a Christian you need to understand the gospels of Matthew Mark Luke and John before reading the rest.

You mean like those Christians in the USA that firebomb abortion clinics and shoot doctors?

Are you a Christian?

No.

Thank goodness for that. I didn't really see how you could claim to be, given your apparent race hate/religious hate issues. ( I'm referring to your response when I asked you how you felt about EDL members chanting 'Allah, Allah, who the f**k is Allah'. You described it as 'high spirits'. I think that suggests a deeply warped attitude to your fellow human beings - and is most certainly very un Christian.)

Archived