What has religion done for women.

Read on follow this link

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/003-wife-beating.htm

Of course its all a Western plot by the mucky knees tribe or the black hand gang.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to provide clarification as to who the "mucky knees tribe" and "black hand gang" are please.

I only ask so I can be sure of your position in order to effectively argue against if it I disagree.

You are aware of course that the bible also contains many passages that we could pick out and make an example of aren't you?

Just checking!

So show us anything that compares to how the koran condones illtreatment of women and if it does show us any country or Christian culture that carries it out.

Show where the last Christian woman was stoned for adultry or balsphemy.

You mean like those Christians in the USA that firebomb abortion clinics and shoot doctors?
Read the title, just because some offshoot religion that is not universaly recognised carries out a crime you can't blame the whole of christianity.

Whereas the koran is there to be challenged for it's open sexist barbarity towards women.

Read the title, just because some offshoot religion that is not universaly recognised carries out a crime you can't blame the whole of christianity.Whereas the koran is there to be challenged for it's open sexist barbarity towards women.

Similarly, just because some Muslims behave badly it's wrong to characterise them all as bad people, is it not?

Thank goodness for that. I didn't really see how you could claim to be, given your apparent race hate/religious hate issues. ( I'm referring to your response when I asked you how you felt about EDL members chanting 'Allah, Allah, who the f**k is Allah'. You described it as 'high spirits'. I think that suggests a deeply warped attitude to your fellow human beings - and is most certainly very un Christian.)

What a classic no response to this issue. The EDL is pro womanise rights and non racist. Hence anti islamification of England. How hard is that to grasp?

What a classic no response to this issue. The EDL is pro womanise rights and non racist. Hence anti islamification of England. How hard is that to grasp?

Why then do they indulge in the kind of threatening behaviour that you describe as 'high spirits' - aimed at a group with a strong racial identity?

What do you mean by 'pro womanise rights' - what evidence exists that the EDL is pro woman?

I agree to a level.

The EDL is clearly a strong force in fighting for equality for women.

Their leader, Lennon, hits women in exactly the same way as he would any man. (copper or not)

http://www.adifferentopinion.net/t10858-edl-leader-stephen-lennon-is-a-wife-beater

Here's a few more EDL members who agree with their leader regarding equality for women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnhxGavIuDo

They're equally happy to attack women and children as they are any man.

Oddly enough, much as I hate to suggest a poster is less than honest, the named 'lads' who attacked the women and children seem to make a lot of racist posts.

Perhaps it's just a few renegade drunks who don't represent the general membership of the EDL.

Would any of the pro EDL posters care to comment on Lennon or these gentlemen and add their reasons for agreeing with the displayed beating, sorry, treating of women exactly the same as men?

Thank goodness for that. I didn't really see how you could claim to be, given your apparent race hate/religious hate issues. ( I'm referring to your response when I asked you how you felt about EDL members chanting 'Allah, Allah, who the f**k is Allah'. You described it as 'high spirits'. I think that suggests a deeply warped attitude to your fellow human beings - and is most certainly very un Christian.)
Hmmm... perhaps its unchristian in your point of view, however taking the long view of how Christianity has been practised since its inception you could argue that it is very Christian indeed.

Archived