How much would you pay for a first class stamp?

A first class Stamp in UK costs 26 pence as I recall, not that I buy many, usually if I'm posting something, ie something I've sold on eBay, I'll use first class recorded delivery, I always use recorded, that way I get a tracking number which I can track to make sure it don't go "walkies" c/o Royal Fail.

I'd like to know how he could possibly get them, as delivery/ sorting offices don't keep stamps on site.

Which delivery office is he at?

You say sorting office, but the main sorting office at Brightside, also do not keep/have stamps on site.

Me thinks you are telling porkies to "stir"things up

Snitch alert!!!

You reckon 40 odd pence is a rip off to get a letter from one end of the country to another? Really?

I agree!

It's amazing that i can send a letter from Scotland to Sheff for the price of a newspaper..Nowt beats it...except emails of course.

Me thinks you are upset because you have to pay for them unlike me :hihi:

WRONG

As an employee of Royal Mail I get 20 free 2class stamps every year, it is our one & only freebie/ bonus. Big wow I here you all shout.

And for the record, I think getting a letter from one end to the other of the British Isles for 46 p in excellent value. Not even the price of a mars bar !!!

If you lived in some other part of the wonderful world of EU you would be paying 3 times that.

Like everything else, you will only realise what you had,when it's gone and UPS / DHL / CITILINK etc move in and pick and choose where they deliver and quadruple the prices, think British rail, British gas, bt oh but we get a much much better service now we pay LOADS MORE.............NOT!!!

WRONG

As an employee of Royal Mail I get 20 free 2class stamps every year, it is our one & only freebie/ bonus. Big wow I here you all shout.

And for the record, I think getting a letter from one end to the other of the British Isles for 46 p in excellent value. Not even the price of a mars bar !!!

If you lived in some other part of the wonderful world of EU you would be paying 3 times that.

Like everything else, you will only realise what you had,when it's gone and UPS / DHL / CITILINK etc move in and pick and choose where they deliver and quadruple the prices, think British rail, British gas, bt oh but we get a much much better service now we pay LOADS MORE.............NOT!!!

Some posties get extra bonuses! Like the 3x 200quids i sent recorded delivery last year(my daughters maintenance) Obviously i dont send it through RM any more.

In London it costs RM mere fractions of a penny to hump letters from one side of the city to another.....

Wonder what it costs to send one to somewhere like Lewis. Bet it costs them pounds for a single letter - those shiny red aircraft cost a bit to run I'm sure...

People will moan about the price of a stamp for ages until they realise just what it actually costs and the work needed - it's been ages since Night Mail was made, they should do another one showing the modern stuff that is used to sort letters...

Archived