Mortgage Broker sought/recommended MEGATHREAD

Can someone recommend a whole of market mortgage broker who operates locally and is willing to come and see us, rather than do things over the net/phone?

Only a pleasure to be of service please telephone David 07930380482 And I do not charge a fee.

• 1 year later...

do some research with the price comparison sites first before you go to a broker. they are good in that they can offer more products than a bank however they make their money off commision from your mortgage so be careful!

the agents will probably be tied in to specific lenders too

do your homework, it'll be the most expensive thing you buy!!

do some research with the price comparison sites first before you go to a broker. they are good in that they can offer more products than a bank however they make their money off commision from your mortgage so be careful!

the agents will probably be tied in to specific lenders too

do your homework, it'll be the most expensive thing you buy!!

I do not know any estate agent that is tied in to a specific lender.

Some may only use a limited panel of lenders they are often tied to one insurer to receive more commission

I agree with your comment on it being an expensive purchase.

The problem with going to the banks directly is that they have a limited product range and cannot give a full recommendation .

They make more money selling insurances to the client generally at inflated prices as their major concern is profit.

A whole of market broker acts in the borrowers interest and as a much wider selection of products and generally is much more experienced than the bank mortgage adviser.

• 1 month later...