Worths moblie Shop

wilddancer

hiya i remember bernard worth. living on doeroyd crescent, he use to stop on the top of the hill at Sharps house, then at our house no.40 from there he went to the bottom and turned left on wordsworth ave. Sadly I remember that he ran over our next doors neighbours lads leg. But yes, he must have made a forturne off us kid then, we were all big familys on doeroyd. Good street games good punch ups. here's a few names. Sharps,Knights,Savilles,Quirks,Wallers,Baldwins,Crowleys, Myself Lindley, Savages, Them where the days

hiya i remember bernard worth. Sharps,Knights,Savilles,Quirks,Wallers,Baldwins,Crowleys, Myself Lindley, Savages, Them where the days

I knew Knights (Norman, Jimmy) Crowleys (all of 'em) plus Frankie Sheehan

Also knew "Worth Brothers" which came up Wordsworth from Hillsboro via Doe Royd. "Bernard Worth" was the main guy. Good salesman but didn't like kids, which was a shame really cause when he stopped outside 405 about twenty of us got on and started swinging on the gear stick and saying "ave you got anythin for a penny?"

If you didn't choose quickly you ended up down Milnrow

oh josh i remember frankie sheehan. But he did not play delavio with us. think he was a bit moor posh. Jimmy knight was yr older than me. went to school with pamela. Good days.

Frankie played 2,4,6,8,10 delavio at school, and hot rye. He was a very good footballer. He and I started work together in August 70, at John Bedfords. He was bit posh though - I think that came from being an only child when all other families had 8 or 10 kids

Mr Worth was a lovely man and his mobile shop was a god send! I remember his first van, a red one ..Then he moved up to an old charabang thing lol He came round my way at 7.30 every night and we sometimes got a ride from down the road up to ours..I seem to remember he had a shop across from hillsborough park??

Archived