Salsa lessons wanted

My wife and I are wanting to learn Salsa, complete and absolute beginners, could anyone supply available class times and venues please ? I understand that Sheffield University have classes, as I'm a TILL student that would be an option or something I'd consider. Sheffield or Barnsley area

Cheers

• 1 month later...
My wife and I are wanting to learn Salsa, complete and absolute beginners, could anyone supply available class times and venues please ? I understand that Sheffield University have classes, as I'm a TILL student that would be an option or something I'd consider. Sheffield or Barnsley area

Cheers

Hi,

just seen your posting.

We run (and have been for the past 10 years) Salsa classes at St Mary's Church Community centre.

We run all of our classes on a 12 week progressive syllabus since we believe this gives is a better teaching method to the usual "drop in" style classes After the first 3 sessions we don't take in new members since we feel it holds the rest of the class back and is a disadvantage to those coming in since they'll be missing vital information.

Our next novice cycle is due to commence Tuesday, January 10th, 2012. If you'd like me to add you to the mailing list for this class please drop me an email.

If you have any questions or would like further information or want to see how/what we teach then please get in contact or drop along on one of our teaching nights.

Full details and contact information can be found on our website http://www.mambocollective.co.uk

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I just went to Steel City Salsa at The Millenium Hall on Ecclesall Rd last night for the first time, and it was great! Classes are every Thursday, with the beginners class 7-8:30, then there's an "Improvers" class after that, followed by an "Intermediate" class last. The instructors were great, and very patient with those of us first-timers in the room. We're definitely going to go again next week! The only thing that wasn't great was the male:female ratio. Salsa is a partner dance, but the females in the room greatly outnumbered the males, so about half the class was always dancing on their own. Next time we need to try to recruit more men! But if you're looking for lessons, I would definitely recommend it :-)

• 4 weeks later...

SATURDAY SALSA night @ CITY LIMITS on 19th MAY. (7:30pm - 1:30 am)

City Limits and VJ brings you a fantastic salsa night on a weekend in Sheffield. This will be a monthly event which includes one of the finest floor to dance, lovely people and a nice dancing atmosphere.

7:30pm - 8:30pm - Free Salsa lesson -improvers level by VJ (isalsa)

There will be a couple of SURPRISE dance performances.

Yes, thats right !!!. No one should ask me about it, because its a SURPRISE !!! We have raffle tickets, games and some interesting prizes to be given away.

Dress to impress for this classy event!

DJ VJ from isalsa, playing some hot, traditional and new salsa music along with bachata, merengue, kizomba, salsaton and other genres to make it a party night.

So come and expect a lovely evening with us.

Venue - City Limits Dance center

607-613 Penistone Road Sheffield, South Yorkshire [ view map ]

[ view map ] Tickets - £7/6 (NUS) Book in advance or just pay on the door

Phone: 07411497643

E-mail: vjsalsa@hotmail.com

Archived