Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

Untrue premise, they are there to protest. Followed by a false dichotomy, because it possible to protest and remember the sacrifices made in war, sacrifices made so that common people can protest.

Which ever way I look at it, disrupting the services at Britain's iconic cathedral on that one day of the years is disrespectful. Think of the people who were planning to attend. The World War II veteran's might not get many more chances to attend such services.

Also, if the protesters are still there after all that time they will be nothing but an annoyance. They won't influence government policy, nor the policy of the financial giants, so really, what's the point?

Which ever way I look at it, disrupting the services at Britain's iconic cathedral on that one day of the years is disrespectful. Think of the people who were planning to attend. The World War II veteran's might not get many more chances to attend such services.

Also, if the protesters are still there after all that time they will be nothing but an annoyance. They won't influence government policy, nor the policy of the financial giants, so really, what's the point?

I know this is a long shot but there may be people protesting who have cause to remember friends and relatives who died in the war, it's a popular misconception that all protesters are hippy drop-outs

Which ever way I look at it, disrupting the services at Britain's iconic cathedral on that one day of the years is disrespectful.

No it isn't. Disrepecting people who do attend a service there is disrespectful. Protesting is a perfectly fine and valid thing to do.

What is also valid is that if the Bishop of London has issues with the protest then there are other options. London has around 3 or 4 Cathedrals (only counting Anglican) within a 10 minute walk of each other. St Paul's isn't the only option if he does want to close it on Remembrance Sunday.

Re "what's the point?"; It doesn't need one. Life isn't a simple narrative with a start and an end. Occupy London can exist on it's own without ever justifying why it needs "a point".

Wouldn't mind betting that the government in Bejing found the goings on in Tianenmen Square annoying too ;)

I know this is a long shot but there may be people protesting who have cause to remember friends and relatives who died in the war, it's a popular misconception that all protesters are hippy drop-outs

Maybe so, and they should realise that they should allow any remembrance celebrations to go ahead unimpeded by themselves!

Maybe so, and they should realise that they should allow any remembrance celebrations to go ahead unimpeded by themselves!

We don't know that, that isn't going to be the case yet. If they move out, they wont get back in, I know what i'd be doing!

No it isn't. Disrepecting people who do attend a service there is disrespectful. Protesting is a perfectly fine and valid thing to do.

What is also valid is that if the Bishop of London has issues with the protest then there are other options. London has around 3 or 4 Cathedrals (only counting Anglican) within a 10 minute walk of each other. St Paul's isn't the only option if he does want to close it on Remembrance Sunday.

Re "what's the point?"; It doesn't need one. Life isn't a simple narrative with a start and an end. Occupy London can exist on it's own without ever justifying why it needs "a point".

I can't see how it's OK to lie in the street, annoying everyone who needs to cross your path, on a sustained basis when there isn't really any gain from doing so. The protesters don't gain anything apart from a nice camping holiday with no work for a while, and everyone else suffers!!

Why don't they sort out one day marches, frequently if necessary but not on days that they really are going to cause problems. Why don't they sort out rallies in one of the large parks in London. Why don't they pool their intelligence together and come up with some real plans to pass to the government?

Why don't they sort out one day marches, frequently if necessary but not on days that they really are going to cause problems. Why don't they sort out rallies in one of the large parks in London. Why don't they pool their intelligence together and come up with some real plans to pass to the government?

Go down and put your ideas to them. They have a General Assembly where you can put your view forward. :)

I can guarantee one thing here, and that this whole thing will get ugly. The protest is already being made into propoganda about them wanting to insult our war dead. We'll see all sorts dirty tricks the longer the protest goes on.

But not necessarily if it gathers momentum in other areas which it is doing.

Archived