Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

You've taken what I said out of context, what I said was that the church 'traditionally' offered refuge not that it had. They've allowed the protesters to camp in church grounds.

And the church have now asked them to leave but the protesters won’t so are abusing the good will the church afforded them.

So it's the venue that upsets you not the protest then. You wouldn't be against a different locale?

It’s not the venue it’s the fact they have been asked to leave and won't, if the church was happy for them to stay there, then I wouldn’t have a problem with them protesting.

Arguably, the protestors are doing something that fits very neatly with the Christian ethos.

That is the problem for St Pauls. Maybe being surrounded with greed has rubbed off on them and they can't see past their 16,000 pieces of silver a day.

Don't be fooled, the CofE has over £5bn in assets.

The church had wealth long before the banks and greed has played a big part in their existence.

And the church have now asked them to leave but the protesters won’t so are abusing the good will the church afforded them.

If they stay they stay i really, really, and i can't stress this enough, really have no problem with them being there. I don't regard them as the great unwashed, i don't regard them as parasites. I do regard the media as both and this is why i pay very little attention to stories of disruption, it's in the corporate interest to have this protest bad mouthed and sullied in some way.

From bbcnews.com:

"The Reverend Rob Marshall said it had been a "difficult week" for St Paul's, but "we continue to have quite good relations with those outside in the tents".

"We're still in dialogue with the protesters and asking them to move peacefully," he said."

It's this that bugs me. The fact they are being asked nicely to move somewhere else, and they are just not doing. Why do they need to be there?

To the guys who support the protesters. If I want to protest about the state of Sheffield's roads, and pitch a tent on the road behind your car so you can't get in and out, you cool with that??

From bbcnews.com:

"The Reverend Rob Marshall said it had been a "difficult week" for St Paul's, but "we continue to have quite good relations with those outside in the tents".

"We're still in dialogue with the protesters and asking them to move peacefully," he said."

It's this that bugs me. The fact they are being asked nicely to move somewhere else, and they are just not doing. Why do they need to be there?

To the guys who support the protesters. If I want to protest about the state of Sheffield's roads, and pitch a tent on the road behind your car so you can't get in and out, you cool with that??

What improvements would you go for and would it be all roads or just those on the City side of the valley?

What improvements would you go for and would it be all roads or just those on the City side of the valley?

Not sure. But I doubt many of the people clogging up the area of London in question know exactly which improvements they would go for either. Which is part of my problem with them being so rude.

Here's a list of the Trustees of St Pauls :-

Trustees

The Right Reverend Graeme Knowles, Dean of St Paul’s

Dame Helen Alexander DBE Deputy chair of the CBI, director of Centrica plc

Lord Blair of Boughton Former Metropolitan Police Commissioner

Roger Gifford Investment banker, big in City of London

John Harvey – Not clearly identified

Joyce Hytner OBE – Theatre director

Gavin Ralston Global Head of Product and leading international asset manager at Schroder Investment Management

Carol Sergeant CBE - Chief Risk Director at Lloyds TSB, formerly Managing Director for Regulatory Process and Risk at the FSA

John Spence OBE – Former Managing Director, Business Banking, LloydsTSB

Now it’s not for me to judge.

But that looks like a very high association rate with the 1% to me.

No, it's not for you (or any of us) to judge... Christ associated with debt collectors and prostitutes... Only thing that would be un Christ-like would be if the church bent to appease their associates, rather than encouraged them to bend to the faith... Anyways, in the CofE it's Church Bursars who tell a church what to do, not trustees...

Archived