Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

Making up conclusions isn't a discussion. :)

Looking back at what you have said regarding my comments, I agree I actually now have no idea what your stance on it is, my apologies regarding this.

In relation to the H&S issue, what's the opinion here? That the church are lying? Any ideas as to why?

Looking back at what you have said regarding my comments, I agree I actually now have no idea what your stance on it is, my apologies regarding this.

In relation to the H&S issue, what's the opinion here? That the church are lying? Any ideas as to why?

Read my post about who the Churchs Trustees are, and then make a decision.

The silence coming from the Bishop now, regarding the H&S issues, is deafening.

Somebody is clouding the issue.

I actually now have no idea what your stance on it is

I'm happy to state my stance.

I am in favour of all peaceful protest, no matter how inconvenient it is. I don't think people should be shot with rubber bullets or hosed down with water cannons for exercising their civic rights.

I am unhappy with the way that the financial sector has come to dominate Britain. Capitalism has bred this giant, and it doesn't have to be this way. We have had failed capitalist systems before, and I hope that at some point this model can be disposed of aswell.

It is okay to talk about other options - it isn't an evil thing to question the system.

I'm happy to state my stance.

I am in favour of all peaceful protest, no matter how inconvenient it is. I don't think people should be shot with rubber bullets or hosed down with water cannons for exercising their civic rights.

I am unhappy with the way that the financial sector has come to dominate Britain. Capitalism has bred this giant, and it doesn't have to be this way. We have had failed capitalist systems before, and I hope that at some point this model can be disposed of aswell.

It is okay to talk about other options - it isn't an evil thing to question the system.

Brilliant. :D

Sorry you lost me, if you are saying the media are focusing on the church rather than the aims of the protesters then we agree and the way for the protesters to solve that problem would be to move.

The media have made the financial losses of the church one of the key reporting points.

There is no financial issue for the church. The CofE has billions in assets.

The media have made the financial losses of the church one of the key reporting points.

There is no financial issue for the church. The CofE has billions in assets.

I agree so if the protesters move from St Pauls the media wouldn't be able to continue.

Assets not cash, I’m not sure on this point but I assume the church pay taxes, so loosing £20k a day will reduce their income and their tax bill, the tax payer looses.

Hopefully, but in this PC country of ours it's more than certain to be gifts of hot food and warm drinks.

Give them 2 hours to vacate the plot - then it would be the water cannon if I was in charge.

Regards Angel.

yes a wash would do them good and stop any benefits they are claiming.

I agree so if the protesters move from St Pauls the media wouldn't be able to continue.

No it's a good thing because it helps keeps the story in the news. And it papers the church into a corner because it makes it look greedy and money-driven just like the neighbours.

The board of St Pauls throwing the rattle out the pram over an invented money issue is not a situation the protesters will be in any hurry to resolve.

Assets not cash, I’m not sure on this point but I assume the church pay taxes

Ignoring the complexities of tax law, it is fair to say that nearly all religions are tax exempt. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but for most major religions/establishments it is true, and especially the Anglican church.

Archived