Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

Hopefully, but in this PC country of ours it's more than certain to be gifts of hot food and warm drinks.

Give them 2 hours to vacate the plot - then it would be the water cannon if I was in charge.

Regards Angel.

A full 2 hours?

Generous of you.

You really think the church would happily lose £20,000+ a day if they really didn't have to close the cathedral?! So, what if the church opens the doors to the cathedral, then what? What's to stop the protesters from entering the cathedral and holding up there?

It would annoy if they didn't though huh!

It's their actions that has caused the cathedral to close it's doors.

Their actions are perfectly legal. If they do something that is illegal, dangerous or could damage the church then you'd have a point. I don't see any reason why St Paul's is closed at the minute.

Why should services be moved to alternative churches?!

Should implies an obligation. I wouldn't use the word. I said 'can', or to be a little more specific I said 'could' earlier. It is a very simple way around the problem, if the Bishop wishes to take such a choice. There are 3 or 4 Churches or Cathedrals within 10 minutes of St Paul's that could be used.

You really think the church would happily lose £20,000+ a day if they really didn't have to close the cathedral?! So, what if the church opens the doors to the cathedral, then what? What's to stop the protesters from entering the cathedral and holding up there?

The Cathedral was open for 5 days before they closed it. During that time the protestors didnt once hold it up....to use your words. :huh:

What's to stop the protesters from entering the cathedral and holding up there?

Is this argument by supposition?

If the doors were open then nothing would stop them entering. If the doors were open though, nothing would stop any situation I wished to make up.

"If the doors were open what's to stop militant cows spraying milk on the pews? Lock all the cows up."

By being there, they are. It's their actions that has caused the cathedral to close it's doors. The bishop wouldn't have closed the cathedral now, if it wasn't for the protesters, would he?!

Why should services be moved to alternative churches?! I suspect what little public support they currently have will soon vanish if remembrance services have to be cancelled or moved.

The protester haven't forced the closure - that is solely down to the decision of the church.

Their actions are perfectly legal. If they do something that is illegal, dangerous or could damage the church then you'd have a point. I don't see any reason why St Paul's is closed at the minute.

Should implies an obligation. I wouldn't use the word. I said 'can', or to be a little more specific I said 'could' earlier. It is a very simple way around the problem, if the Bishop wishes to take such a choice. There are 3 or 4 Churches or Cathedrals within 10 minutes of St Paul's that could be used.

I believe it's health and safety concerns, or that's what is being stated.

There are many churches in London, and indeed near St Pauls, but why should something be cancelled or moved cos of a load of protesters? If it means so much to the protesters, why don't they move to another location?

There are many churches in London, and indeed near St Pauls, but why should something be cancelled or moved cos of a load of protesters? If it means so much to the protesters, why don't they move to another location?

They'd have to answer the latter question. As to the first, again I wouldn't say it "should" move.

The service can go ahead and the protest should be polite enough not to disturb it. There is no reason why that situation cannot happen.

Archived