Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

I believe it's health and safety concerns, or that's what is being stated.

There are many churches in London, and indeed near St Pauls, but why should something be cancelled or moved cos of a load of protesters? If it means so much to the protesters, why don't they move to another location?

I suggest you read all my earlier posts, on why they are there, and the H&S concerns. Ignorance maketh a fool.

They'd have to answer the latter question. As to the first, again I wouldn't say it "should" move.

The service can go ahead and the protest should be polite enough not to disturb it. There is no reason why that situation cannot happen.

Have you seen the grounds of the cathedral? The service at St Pauls (on Remembrance Sunday) is well attended and I suspect it would be problematic to have tents dotted about the place. Not only that, carrying on a protest whilst a memorial is underway is very disrespectful, even if the protesters do remain quiet.

So who is it you are angry about again?

The ones that are staying there or the ones that you claim are going home?

I don't see why it matters anyway - do their opinions only count if they stay there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?

both! ....and no they dont matter and their opinions dont count in my opinion, get rid of the lot of them disrespecting a great area of London and looking a total shambles and a mess to visitors!

both! ....and no they dont matter and their opinions dont count in my opinion, get rid of the lot of them disrespecting a great area of London and looking a total shambles and a mess to visitors!

Thankfully we live in a democracy, where people have the right to peaceful protest. Maybe you'd prefer to move somewhere that doesn't exist?

St Pauls has a great tradition of free speech, and the church should support their right to protest above their financial concerns.

Thankfully we live in a democracy, where people have the right to peaceful protest. Maybe you'd prefer to move somewhere that doesn't exist?

St Pauls has a great tradition of free speech, and the church should support their right to protest above their financial concerns.

yes we do live in a democracy and i have my opinion and you have yours BUT you and the protesters dont like the system it seems so why dont you and they move to where there ideals are met.......er thats right there isnt anywhere, IDEAL worlds and REAL worlds will never be the same.

Well done for arguing in favour of people’s right to peaceful protest whilst ignoring the rights of other people to peaceful worship.

Both the church and the protesters have rights but at the moment the protesters are infringing on the rights of the church and the people that want to use the church.

The protesters should exercise their right to peaceful protest without infringing on the rights of other people to go about their business in piece.

Its not forced at all. There is nothing stopping him re opening.

There may be some inconvenience, but no more than having roadworks in the street.

Whether you believe the church's reasons or not, they have stated they have had to close because of the protesters. The very fact that the protesters are still there and refuse to go away, stops the Bishop from reopening the cathedral.

Now, the church has supported these protesters and their cause by letting them stay for a while. However, the church has told the protesters to move on, which they are in their to do so. The protesters should respect the church's wishes and move on. The fact that they aren't moving on, shows these people in a very bad light. Not only that, the reason for their protests is now getting overshadowed by the issue of the cathedral being closed.

Archived