Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

I've probably missed this bit somewhere but if they are protesting aginst the Stock Exchange/Banks etc then why are they outside St Paul's and not in the City somewhere?

Because the stock exchange has the right in law to prevent them from camping in their grounds, the church have the same rights but are more tolerant. The protesters are abusing the church’s tolerance.

I've probably missed this bit somewhere but if they are protesting aginst the Stock Exchange/Banks etc then why are they outside St Paul's and not in the City somewhere?

Ive explained this several times now.

But to clarify again......

We all met at Paternoster Way in London, and the idea was to go to the Stock Exchange, however, the police blocked all entrances. If you look on google, the SE is right besides St Pauls. The MET kettled us all around St Pauls, whom incidently sent out their staff, to say we could use their toilets and facilities. In the end, the protesters decided to stay at St Pauls, which is literally a stones throw away from the Stock Exchange.

We all met at Paternoster Way in London, and the idea was to go to the Stock Exchange, however, the police blocked all entrances.

This should not have come as a surprise, given that Paternoster Square is private property, and you had already been told you weren't welcome.

In any case it appears the cathedral will be reopening soon: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/26/st-pauls-reopen-occupy-london?newsfeed=true

The Evening Standard are reporting that the City of London Corporation (effectively the local council) are planning legal action to remove the protesters.

. Not sure that can be said of the MET.

Yeah ,Yeah , those brutal ,nasty police go out of their way to harrass and assualt innocent protesters. :roll:

Anarchist protesters are ALWAYS on the look out for a ruck with the police ,as they represent the Establishment ,then scream like pigs when they get what they came for .

You wont find the protesters using violence. Not sure that can be said of the MET.

Protestors are never violent. Errm... some are. Is what happened recently in Brixton / Camden / Manchester / Hoxton etc was not violence then....

Oh yeah sorry. "I was speaking up for our rights init".

I will remembver that next time I fancy throwing a fire extinguisher off a roof or setting fire to a few buildings..

Yeah ,Yeah , those brutal ,nasty police go out of their way to harrass and assualt innocent protesters. :roll:

Anarchist protesters are ALWAYS on the look out for a ruck with the police ,as they represent the Establishment ,then scream like pigs when they get what they came for .

Suggest you check out all the UK Uncut protests then.

Archived