Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

Protestors are never violent. Errm... some are. Is what happened recently in Brixton / Camden / Manchester / Hoxton etc was not violence then....

Oh yeah sorry. "I was speaking up for our rights init".

I will remembver that next time I fancy throwing a fire extinguisher off a roof or setting fire to a few buildings..

I specifically said, these protesters. I genuinely think you should look up occupylsx.co.uk

The police have started moving the protestors out of one of the camps in the US using tear gas and rubber bullets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bytMNoKNeRA&feature=youtu.be

As one person writes "terrorism in our own backyard, by our own police force. We pay them to terrorize us?" Perhaps it's the US version of one of the many private police companies that the Independant recently warned us was being utilised by our government:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/alarm-at-private-police-operating-beyond-the-law-2375094.html

I specifically said, these protesters. I genuinely think you should look up occupylsx.co.uk

Just because they are not ugly now does not mean that some of them wont turn ugly in the near future. Not everyone in the student demos or recent marches kicked off but plenty did.

and FYI, I have read the occupy website and still I think its a completely pointless and totally pathetic cause.

I have already read plenty of reliable press reports confirming that lots of the occupied tents are well, unoccupied and of course hundreds of these anti capitalists are queueing out the door to grab a moca chocachino from Starbucks. Why dont they use the dozens of independant traders they claim to be fighting for.

and even more interesting a famous face protestor was on TV recently after attending the rally in London slating how it had turned into a mini glastonbury with organisations setting up camp and flogging their tat and propoganda, a stage had been set up with PA system for the gobbiest of the gobs**tes to start dictating to everyone else their views how the rally should be run, where people should pitch and telling people what to do. He also compalined about disrespect and general mismanagement from the organisers particuarly with regards of where people can and cant go and causing numerous fire reg and health and safety reg problems for the church which is very kindly letting this shower use their grounds...... amongst his list of other grumbles.

If this group has any hint of trying to be a serious and legitimate protest they need to tread very carefully and not kill the only lifeline they have in London. Rememberence Day is coming round shortly and people's support of occupy would switch very quickly if problems occur in or around this area during that period.

If this group has any hint of trying to be a serious and legitimate protest they need to tread very carefully and not kill the only lifeline they have in London. Rememberence Day is coming round shortly and people's support of occupy would switch very quickly if problems occur in or around this area during that period.

Very true. I find these people tedious and pointless but tollerate their infantile little stunt at the moment. Any attempt to interfere with Remembrance Sunday or Armistice Day and i'll happilly have them all hauled off to break rocks in the highlands till they learn the meaning of respect.

Exactly what lifeline do we have? The City of London is run by bankers btw.

This should not have come as a surprise, given that Paternoster Square is private property, and you had already been told you weren't welcome.

In any case it appears the cathedral will be reopening soon: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/26/st-pauls-reopen-occupy-london?newsfeed=true

The Evening Standard are reporting that the City of London Corporation (effectively the local council) are planning legal action to remove the protesters.

Of course St Pauls is opening soon. And do you realise why? The Canon refused to evict the demonstrators and told the banks/trustees he would resign if they went against his wishes.

Read todays Times.

Who said we werent welcome? The bankers? The City of London Corp? The right wing press? Notice a few similarities here?

Of course St Pauls is opening soon. And do you realise why? The Canon refused to evict the demonstrators and told the banks/trustees he would resign if they went against his wishes.

Read todays Times.

Who said we werent welcome? The bankers? The City of London Corp? The right wing press? Notice a few similarities here?

I'm more interested in the guardian article. Max Clifford is shilling for you people? That guy wouldn't **** on his granny if she was on fire for less than a hundred grand - so who's paying his fees? More to your little movement than meets the eye it seems, lets hope the money trail gets followed to see whos really behind this.

The City of London Corp? The right wing press? Notice a few similarities here?

The land owners. And I don't blame them.

If I was to set up camp in your garden and urinate on your door step, would you be happy about that?

The land owners. And I don't blame them.

If I was to set up camp in your garden and urinate on your door step, would you be happy about that?

Youll find they have toilets on site, and dont need to urinate on the door step. :)

How did anybody make such an uneducated imbecile a moderator? Shame on SF.

Archived