Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

Yes- but he's resigning. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15472362

He is resigning as he believes this :-

"Fraser quickly became a hero figure among the Occupy the London Stock Exchange (LSX) movement, clearing police officers off the steps of St Paul's and supporting the group's right to peaceful protest after a court injunction stopped it from setting up camp in nearby Paternoster Square. He also delivered a Sunday sermon decrying corporate greed, which was seen as another sign of his endorsement of the protest."

taken from the Guardian website this morning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/27/st-pauls-cathedral-canon-resigns

So we'll put their aims to one side for now then.

I disagree with the term dictating as my understanding of the word in this sense is being forcibly made to do something which I don't think is happening. I see a group of people letting; lets say the Banks for arguments sake, know how they feel and I gather they along with many Conservative and Labour politicians want the resignation of some faces who appear to be having a laugh.

Reference your analogy, the shopkeepers have the right to say no regardless of any wayward demands, it wouldn't be blackmail because you have no leverage.

The leverage is the refusal to move, which will cause the shop some inconvenience and loss of trade. Much like the protesters are doing to the church despite not protesting about the church.

The leverage is the refusal to move, which will cause the shop some inconvenience and loss of trade. Much like the protesters are doing to the church despite not protesting about the church.

No it wont, they'll serve round you or ask people to use another till. Either way i still don't see it as dictating as you; like the protesters are not forcing anything. There's a chain of events that follow but that's the case with everything we do.

But it's fair to say that some quarters of the church are sympathetic with the protesters.

Very true, but the support they do have/did have is quickly going down the pan. The church itself has stated that they sympathise with the group, but the time has come for them to move on.

The group should at least respect that decision and move on. The church have done nothing but support this group and even asked the police to remove themselves from the cathedral grounds. Unlike the protesters, the police respected the wishes of the church and moved.

I answer your questions and get told "I didn't ask you".

I make a little pun and get accused of avoiding your questions.

I can't win.

You answered with a question, not an answer. If you don't know the answer just say so.

No it wont, they'll serve round you or ask people to use another till. Either way i still don't see it as dictating as you; like the protesters are not forcing anything. There's a chain of events that follow but that's the case with everything we do.

I did say early I don't know what the protesters want or are trying to achieve, their aims appear to be camping at St Pauls and disrupting the churches freedom to use their building and grounds as they see fit.

Archived