Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

Very true, but the support they do have/did have is quickly going down the pan. The church itself has stated that they sympathise with the group, but the time has come for them to move on.

The group should at least respect that decision and move on. The church have done nothing but support this group and even asked the police to remove themselves from the cathedral grounds. Unlike the protesters, the police respected the wishes of the church and moved.

Different situation for the police though, if they aren't required there's little sense in remaining.

Without being there it's hard to guage an opinion one way or the other. I hope above everything else that it stays peaceful to the end as this will be a positive thing not only for the protesters but for the country in general. I don't know if they've outstayed their welcome as I have no faith in what gets reported. It could be that they are doing well and growing stronger.

Im not the one moaning about how the country is run. Im not the one dossing in a tent in London moaning about how it is run. I have no problems how it is run ,and how the banks are run.

As i have already said ...................... anyone who dosnt like how the country is run is free to leave .

Yes but you are the one who under another name a couple of weeks ago claimed to have bayoneted someone in the Falklands.

You are also the one who claimed to live on high green near problem council neighbours under yet another name.

You are aslo the one under yet another name claimed to be a 30 year wednesday season ticket holder.

And here you are today hiding behing a United badge claiming to live in a rural four bedroomed detached house.

Good old mr benn you're busted again.

I did say early I don't know what the protesters want or are trying to achieve, their aims appear to be camping at St Pauls and disrupting the churches freedom to use their building and grounds as they see fit.

Their aim(s) are not clear to me either which is why i'm not arguing in defence of them or requesting they move on. I see no reasons to deny them the protest as, as reports suggest they are willing to make room for a Friday opening of the church.

Cynically I wouldn't put it past anyone to instigate trouble in order to involve heavier methods to move them.

He is resigning as he believes this :-

"Fraser quickly became a hero figure among the Occupy the London Stock Exchange (LSX) movement, clearing police officers off the steps of St Paul's and supporting the group's right to peaceful protest after a court injunction stopped it from setting up camp in nearby Paternoster Square. He also delivered a Sunday sermon decrying corporate greed, which was seen as another sign of his endorsement of the protest."

taken from the Guardian website this morning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/27/st-pauls-cathedral-canon-resigns

You can argue all you want about the pros and cons of this protest, but the fact remains, the church has asked the protesters to move and they have refused.

Like I have said previously, the church have been very supportive, so the protesters should at least return the favour by respecting the church's decision and moving on.

Occupy London stock exchange what as that got to do with the group that occupy St Pauls.

For the fifth time in this topic i repeat....

I went to #OccupyLSX on the first day of the protest. We all met at Paternoster Way and tried to get to the Stock Exchange but the lovely MET police force had it blocked on all sides.

The 5000 people/protesters in the group where then kettled by the MET surrounding all the sides of St Pauls, for the next 4 hours. The protestors decided at this point to camp here. The staff from St Pauls came out to us on the steps at one point, and told us if we required water or toilets we could use their facilities which we thought was a lovely gesture. Within 2 hours though the MET closed these options down.

I then went home with my friends after the police kindly stopped the kettle and allowed us out. I followed the protesters on the twitter feed and noted they camped outside St Pauls and within a few hours the Rev. had come out and given his full support and blessing.

Of course, within a few days, the trustees of St Pauls, whom are predominately BANKERS started hankering the church to have the protest stopped. You see is not enough that they have our politicians, police and press in their back pockets. They now wanted the Church to turn their back on the people.

Here's a list of the Trustees of St Pauls :-

Trustees

The Right Reverend Graeme Knowles, Dean of St Paul’s

Dame Helen Alexander DBE Deputy chair of the CBI, director of Centrica plc

Lord Blair of Boughton Former Metropolitan Police Commissioner

Roger Gifford Investment banker, big in City of London

John Harvey – Not clearly identified

Joyce Hytner OBE – Theatre director

Gavin Ralston Global Head of Product and leading international asset manager at Schroder Investment Management

Carol Sergeant CBE - Chief Risk Director at Lloyds TSB, formerly Managing Director for Regulatory Process and Risk at the FSA

John Spence OBE – Former Managing Director, Business Banking, LloydsTSB

Now it’s not for me to judge.

But that looks like a very high association rate with the 1% to me.

Archived