Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

For the fifth time in this topic i repeat....

I went to #OccupyLSX on the first day of the protest. We all met at Paternoster Way and tried to get to the Stock Exchange but the lovely MET police force had it blocked on all sides.

The 5000 people/protesters in the group where then kettled by the MET surrounding all the sides of St Pauls, for the next 4 hours. The protestors decided at this point to camp here. The staff from St Pauls came out to us on the steps at one point, and told us if we required water or toilets we could use their facilities which we thought was a lovely gesture. Within 2 hours though the MET closed these options down.

I then went home with my friends after the police kindly stopped the kettle and allowed us out. I followed the protesters on the twitter feed and noted they camped outside St Pauls and within a few hours the Rev. had come out and given his full support and blessing.

Of course, within a few days, the trustees of St Pauls, whom are predominately BANKERS started hankering the church to have the protest stopped. You see is not enough that they have our politicians, police and press in their back pockets. They now wanted the Church to turn their back on the people.

Here's a list of the Trustees of St Pauls :-

Trustees

The Right Reverend Graeme Knowles, Dean of St Paul’s

Dame Helen Alexander DBE Deputy chair of the CBI, director of Centrica plc

Lord Blair of Boughton Former Metropolitan Police Commissioner

Roger Gifford Investment banker, big in City of London

John Harvey – Not clearly identified

Joyce Hytner OBE – Theatre director

Gavin Ralston Global Head of Product and leading international asset manager at Schroder Investment Management

Carol Sergeant CBE - Chief Risk Director at Lloyds TSB, formerly Managing Director for Regulatory Process and Risk at the FSA

John Spence OBE – Former Managing Director, Business Banking, LloydsTSB

Now it’s not for me to judge.

But that looks like a very high association rate with the 1% to me.

Yes, how very kind of the church to offer you sanctuary. Shame you can't offer the same level of kindness by removing yourselves from the vacinity of the cathedral.

As for the trustees, of course they are going to be unhappy. It's their job to oversee that the trust brings in money to keep the cathedral afloat. You might find it hard to believe, but cathedrals require money to stay open. They don't repair themselves nor do the staff, employed in them, work for nothing.

Other than the above, we still have yet to hear your view(s) about your fellow protesters ignoring the church's wishes. Would you be so kind and explain why they are not moving?

I would think logic dictates that you would lawfully aggravate or inconvenience the business that you have the problem with and leave everyone else out of it.

Lawfully the protesters did as they were asked and moved away from the stock exchange whereby they were invited to.......oh this is dull now. I'll wait and see what happens as it goes on.

I have many friends there. I dont need trolls such as yourselves or the right wing media to make my decisions. I have a brain. Unlike your very good self.

You will say anything to further your cause. I personally, would rather deal with solid evidence rather than words of a stranger. Police film of heat sources versus words of stranger. Mmmmm - I know who the court would believe.

Other than the above, we still have yet to hear your view(s) about your fellow protesters ignoring the church's wishes. Would you be so kind and explain why they are not moving?

It'd be a pretty lame protest if it simply acquiesced to other people's wishes all the time wouldn't it?

'Move along and go home.'

'Oh, Ok then.'

That kind of thing. They're not breaking any laws, let them be where they want to be.

It'd be a pretty lame protest if it simply acquiesced to other people's wishes all the time wouldn't it?

'Oh, Ok then.'

That kind of thing. They're not breaking any laws, let them be where they want to be.

:thumbsup: hear hear !

'Oh, Ok then.'

It's a pretty lame protest, if you ask me. It has been overshadowed by the "they should go" argument. The intention of the protests is now buried.

At the moment, the protesters are being made to be the villains. This will continue as long as they ignore the wishes of the church. Imagine if they moved of their own free will, imagine how much positive PR they could achieve from this. It would do their cause no end of good.

They may not be breaking any laws, but the fact remains, they are not welcome and as long as they are on someone's property, they can be evicted through the courts.

Archived