Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

they should have never deregulated the banks, kept the manufacturing base of steel, ship building, coal mining, and the service sector, kept the services in public hands, trains, gas, electric, water. do you know that profits are pouring out of this country into foreign company's. who invest in futures market, betting against currencies that are in trouble, short selling, and basically doing all tey can to make even more profits anyway they can, without a social conscience. selling arms to tyrannical goverments, then making billion dollar deals to extract fossil fuels from overthrown goverments, risking environmental catastrophic by cutting corners on safety, because they want to squeeze the profit margin as tight as they can. all of that you can put down to capitalism. in the worst sense.

I thought the idea was that we would action it, if the whole thing hinges on politicians and corporations changing their ways it will never happen.

Of course it'll never happen if politicians and corporations get their way. That is the problem.

It will hopefully be actioned if enough people support the aims and political leaders are forced to listen.

The one I was at had a desk where you had to pay. No other way in except past the desk.

I seem to remember walking up the steps and standing in the building, people that wanted to take part in the service were shown to a seat while “tourists” weren’t allowed past a certain point …………… then there were guided tours which were booked at fixed times.

Of course it'll never happen if politicians and corporations get their way. That is the problem.

It will hopefully be actioned if enough people support the aims and political leaders are forced to listen.

You're still relying on politicians and corporations, I thought the idea what that WE could/should do something.

I need someone to tell me what I can be doing, sitting outside in the cold however doesn't strike me as doing anything constructive.

Personally I think people should get involved by not giving the big corporations money, stop having a Starbucks, stop shopping at Walmart etc. they won't do anyhting while you're still giving them money, at least thats what I'm trying to do.

You're still relying on politicians and corporations, I thought the idea what that WE could/should do something.

I need someone to tell me what I can be doing, sitting outside in the cold however doesn't strike me as doing anything constructive.

Personally I think people should get involved by not giving the big corporations money, stop having a Starbucks, stop shopping at Walmart etc. they won't do anyhting while you're still giving them money, at least thats what I'm trying to do.

Give it time. It took 30-40 years to get into this mess. We can't get out of it in 5 minutes.

Give it time. It took 30-40 years to get into this mess. We can't get out of it in 5 minutes.

Just giving it time won't change anything, you have to actually DO something, camping out in the middle of New York doesn't bother anyone other than the police, even the public are losing interest.

If we give it time what will happen, will the people in power suddenly change their ways one day ?

I basically know what the problems are, I'm wanting someone to suggest a solution, either the protesters need to come-up with a solution or pack it in, camping in St Pauls isn't actually solving the problem or helping anyone think of a solution.

IMO.

I think the solution is for Swampy, Tarquin, Jemima and all their public school chums to accept that they've had a jolly time pretending to be poor people and not washing for several days, but it's time to close down their campsite and return to mummy and daddy's country mansions.

I can't put my finger on it but the 'mood' seemed to have changed today. There seemed to be more protesters at the camp than there were last week, and it felt like there was a little more tension in the air.

Green are you still around and would you agree with my observation?

Archived