Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

Exactly. Just sitting around mumbling "it's not fair" but failing to come up with any alternative just shows what a bunch of spoilt brats the protesters are.

I try to avoid replying to you, I don't think you have the ability to argue outside of clichés, but I've read this opinion on the BBC comments today and I dislike it immensely.

If I am against the power of corporate finance in democracy, I do not need a full economic plan to justify my position. It is fair to say "I find this to be a fault in society". I don't need an energy plan to end global warming if I find Bono flying his hat around the world on a lear jet wrong. I don't need a plan to end Bovine TB and the economics of subsidised farming to find badger baiting cruel. I don't need to justify my opinion in any more shape than "here is my opinion".

I've yet to find a single political party that represents my views, and I have no desire to be a politician. I am interested in politics though. Do I have to keep quiet on things that pass in society?

Much like me then, which would imply that our views are that radical not enough people would agree with us, so we have no choice but to tolerate the parties other people choose.

which would imply that our views are that radical not enough people would agree with us

Or that representative democracy has some fundamental flaws. Aswell, I get a choice of one MP. Ignoring party politics, I find the individuals themselves unworthy of my vote. I've always voted, never missed a single one yet, but each time I feel a little sadder and think "why bother?".

Or that representative democracy has some fundamental flaws. Aswell, I get a choice of one MP. Ignoring party politics, I find the individuals themselves unworthy of my vote. I've always voted, never missed a single one yet, but each time I feel a little sadder and think "why bother?".

I agree but not enough people want to change it, so all I can do is live the best life I can in the system we have. There was a political party that wanted to change the system; they didn’t get enough votes so we keep the system we have. In a couple of years we get to choose again and hopefully one day enough like minded people will choose the party that wants a different system.

I try to avoid replying to you, I don't think you have the ability to argue outside of clichés, but I've read this opinion on the BBC comments today and I dislike it immensely.

If I am against the power of corporate finance in democracy, I do not need a full economic plan to justify my position. It is fair to say "I find this to be a fault in society". I don't need an energy plan to end global warming if I find Bono flying his hat around the world on a lear jet wrong. I don't need a plan to end Bovine TB and the economics of subsidised farming to find badger baiting cruel. I don't need to justify my opinion in any more shape than "here is my opinion".

So effectively you're saying protesting is just like a spoilt child throwing a tantrum?

Back on topic: what do the protesters actually want

A fairer society; fairer distribution of wealth, a fairer finanacial system.

and is the Church likely to provide it?

Not directly no, but it could take a much more active role in speaking up on such matters. It's scandalous that they aren't inviting the protestors into the church and advocating for them.

Yeah, sure. Why not? Ghandi sulked until the big boys gave him India back. :)

Did Ghandi live in an India that had a democratically elected government chosen by the people in fair elections?

If not then protesting was a good thing to do.

Archived