Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

Did Ghandi live in an India that had a democratically elected government chosen by the people in fair elections?

So I'm not accused of avoiding questions, no he didn't. He lived under British Rule, as you know. :)

Do you believe that a democracy means we have no more need to protest?

So I'm not accused of avoiding questions, no he didn't. He lived under British Rule, as you know. :)

Do you believe that a democracy means we have no more need to protest?

No I believe living in a democracy gives you a right to protest, I do it all the time, but I don’t believe a right to protest gives you a right to occupy the land or building of other people and I don’t think it gives you a right to inconvenience the lives of others.

A fairer society; fairer distribution of wealth, a fairer finanacial system.

Not directly no, but it could take a much more active role in speaking up on such matters. It's scandalous that they aren't inviting the protestors into the church and advocating for them.

I don't know if everyone missed my earlier post (maybe is wasn't important :) ) but are the Church in any position to speak against tax avoidance...are their affairs all in order?

Thus far we can say;

Protest is a good thing.

The protesters do have some ideas.

They are wrong to protest in the manner in which they are doing, for it is inconvenient to other people.

Yes?

Sounds about right apart from what are their good ideas.

I don't know if everyone missed my earlier post (maybe is wasn't important :) ) but are the Church in any position to speak against tax avoidance...are their affairs all in order?

Good point - but they should be. If the Chuch wants credibility in the modern world, it should behave a lot more like Christ.

I don't think religious institutions pay tax. Post #180.

So they don't pay tax..so they're no different to people/companies who avoid paying more tax than legally necessary? That puts them in no position to speak up for the protesters really does it? Or have I missed something?Is it only certain institutions that should pay more than their legal share or what?

Sounds about right apart from what are their good ideas.

That The Corporation of London is unjust and undemocratic. That this model of capitalism is more unjust than it could be. That there are other alternatives. Funding the banking crisis with tax payers money is hurting people.

Would you agree with those statements?

A fairer society; fairer distribution of wealth, a fairer finanacial system.

Not directly no, but it could take a much more active role in speaking up on such matters. It's scandalous that they aren't inviting the protestors into the church and advocating for them.

No, it's scandalous that anybody, whether in their right mind or not, should expect the Church to take sides on any sort of political issue, let alone supporting a bunch of unwashed anti-establishment left wingers.

Archived