Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

That The Corporation of London is unjust and undemocratic. That this model of capitalism is more unjust than it could be. That there are other alternatives. Funding the banking crisis with tax payers money is hurting people.

Would you agree with those statements?

They’re not ideas they are observations, an idea would be a credible alternative.

That The Corporation of London is unjust and undemocratic. That this model of capitalism is more unjust than it could be. That there are other alternatives. Funding the banking crisis with tax payers money is hurting people.

Would you agree with those statements?

yes, but they arn't "ideas" they are just describing the current situation.

I think what MrSmith is asking is "what do they propse to do about it ?"

No, it's scandalous that anybody, whether in their right mind or not, should expect the Church to take sides on any sort of political issue, let alone supporting a bunch of unwashed anti-establishment left wingers.

Jesus would be firmly on the side of the protestors. The Church today has become a little separated from Christ, I think.

Can you explain your point a little clearer please. I don't understand.

In an earlier post someone said the CHurch should be supporting the protesters in their stand against tax avoidance etc...tax avoidance is the legal way of paying as little tax as possible..if the Church legally pays no tax then they are in the same postion as tax avoiders therefore it would be a bit hypocritical of them to side with the protesters..ie the Church isn't paying it's "fair" share either.. :)

No, it's scandalous that anybody, whether in their right mind or not, should expect the Church to take sides on any sort of political issue, let alone supporting a bunch of unwashed anti-establishment left wingers.

Christ, as I'm sure you know, had a nice line in hanging out with most despised and reviled in society - lepers, the poor, whores, tax collectors.

If I remember correctly he wasn't too keen on the very wealthy - remember the line about camels and the eyes of needles?

Christ would have been on the protestor's side. It's a shame the Church isn't as forthcoming.

I can't be bothered with a semantic argument. If you wish to play it that way I'll end it there.

It’s not a semantic argument; you asked if I agree with their good ideas and proceeded to give me a list of observations. I have yet to hear their good ideas so how could I agree or disagree with them.

Archived