Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

Christ, as I'm sure you know, had a nice line in hanging out with most despised and reviled in society - lepers, the poor, whores, tax collectors.

If I remember correctly he wasn't too keen on the very wealthy - remember the line about camels and the eyes of needles?

Christ would have been on the protestor's side. It's a shame the Church isn't as forthcoming.

To be honest I don't think the Church is much different to the large corprations these days...I don't think it has been for hundreds of years..just my opinion mind..

In an earlier post someone said the CHurch should be supporting the protesters in their stand against tax avoidance etc...tax avoidance is the legal way of paying as little tax as possible..if the Church legally pays no tax then they are in the same postion as tax avoiders therefore it would be a bit hypocritical of them to side with the protesters..ie the Church isn't paying it's "fair" share either.. :)

See my post above. You may be right about the Church and it's tax situation;

if they are out of order, they should put their house in order and stand behind the protesters.

Christ, as I'm sure you know, had a nice line in hanging out with most despised and reviled in society - lepers, the poor, whores, tax collectors.

If I remember correctly he wasn't too keen on the very wealthy - remember the line about camels and the eyes of needles?

Christ would have been on the protestor's side. It's a shame the Church isn't as forthcoming.

Though Christ wasn't the son of any deity, and didn't perform any miracles, his existance is pretty much beyond debate.

Guessing at the sort of protestor/pain in the arse he must have been, I'm not the slightest bit surprised that the Romans crucified him.

I'll rephrase it, in the interest of moving things on:

Protest is a good thing.

The protesters have some observations of what is wrong, but no plan of fixing said problems.

They are wrong to protest in the manner in which they are doing, for it is inconvenient to other people.

That better? :)

I never said they had. I said they didn't need a viable alternative to justify their protest.

I feel like I'm p*ssing into the wind with this. :)

They'd probably get more of a hearing if they had ideas rather than just slating the existing system,ironically one which has given them the right/ability to do what they are doing..anyone can be an armchair critic..not quite as easy to bring an alternative system in....

Archived