Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

..anyone can be an armchair critic..not quite as easy to bring an alternative system in....

I do feel that is a little harsh. They're out in the cold. They could say the same to you about being a keyboard critic, something we're all guilty of.

Do you have a reply to my post #682?

A real huge ugly problem. I'm no expert on economics though. :)

We'd be arguing about the meaning of the word "idea". It's purely a semantic argument.

Idea. Thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action, they have told us what’s wrong (we already knew) but haven’t given us a cause of action therefore they have no idea. Unless you know something different and would like to share it.

Idea. Thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action, they have told us what’s wrong (we already knew) but haven’t given us a cause of action therefore they have no idea. Unless you know something different and would like to share it.

n. idea

5.More generally, any result of mental activity; a thought, a notion; a way of thinking. [from 17th c.]

6.A conception in the mind of something to be done; a plan for doing something, an intention. [from 17th c.]

We'd be having semantic arguments. *p*isses in the wind some more*

I'll rephrase it, in the interest of moving things on:

Protest is a good thing.

The protesters have some observations of what is wrong, but no plan of fixing said problems.

They are wrong to protest in the manner in which they are doing, for it is inconvenient to other people.

That better? :)

Much better:)

Have we come to the conclusion that criticising something without a plan of fixing it is a weakness?

I'm not sure weakness is the right word but it kind of makes your protest look a bit hollow....I sometimes get the feeling that a lot of these sort of demos are done by the same rent-a-protest group of people..a lot of the people we've heard at St Paul's look and sound very similar to the ones at Dale Farm a couple of weeks ago..my opinion..just protesting for the hell of it...

See my post above. You may be right about the Church and it's tax situation;

if they are out of order, they should put their house in order and stand behind the protesters.

Maybe they are now standing behind the protesters!

The church have now suspended their legal action towards the protesters. I wonder if this is to do with the fact that the protesters are on church property and were after all invited or given permission to be on that property.

Stop press: 4.00PM News. There is a rumour that the City of London has just dropped its legal action as well.

Archived