Protesters camped at St Pauls

Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protester move away from St Pauls, bearing in mind that the chur

• Yes
    • No

Or another analogy could be;

It is like sitting in a cold house and not knowing how to fix a gas boiler, and when you complain that the boiler is broken and you're cold, people say "until you come up with a way to fix the boiler then you don't have a point". Then one could say "there are masses of people who have knowledge on boilers. I'm sure we could all find a solution if we follow different plans".

What a shallow criticism. Truly awful. How does going to school stop any opinion being valid after they've left? Bonkers.

He goes to university in the day which is no doubt being funded by the system he despises and is an anarchist by night, I wish the anarchist encampment well now they have the support of the church, I just don’t think Anarchy is a good alternative to the system we have.

This is quite interesting.

After spending over a week at the Occupy LSX (London Stock Exchange) protest camp, Young Academic’s Features Editor gives his view on the issues surrounding the Occupy movement. [...]

They are sending out mixed messages, one spokesperson says one thing and another says something entirely different, the most resent describing himself and the encampments as anarchists.

They are sending out mixed messages, one spokesperson says one thing and another says something entirely different, the most resent describing himself and the encampments as anarchists.

I'm not sure they'd be able to cope with anarchy...do they know what it really is? Wolfie Smith springs to mind :)

OccupyLSX dont believe in 1 leader, its a democracy.

Plus, just think for one minute, if they put 1 person forward as their "leader", how long will it take the right wing press in this country to find the chinks in their armour and be running daily tabloid stories on them? Maybe, they have decided not to play the game everyone wants them to? :suspect:

It is like sitting in a cold house and not knowing how to fix a gas boiler, and when you complain that the boiler is broken and you're cold, people say "until you come up with a way to fix the boiler then you don't have a point". Then one could say "there are masses of people who have knowledge on boilers. I'm sure we could all find a solution if we follow different plans".

but there are no plans to action/try/implement/publish any of the plans to fix the boiler, so you stay sat in the cold, complaining it's cold with people saying "why are you sat in the cold, what are you going to do about it ?"

but there are no plans to action/try/implement/publish any of the plans to fix the boiler

To cut back into economics, there is a vast wealth of information on different models. There are lots of ideas and plans that may evolve the situation.

To represent the protest as an intellectual vacuum is spurious. They don't have all the answers, but then neither does the government, and they're meant to be in control.

But what should people be doing NOW to help force the issue, I don't think camping in the street will really force anyone to do anything.

As I suggested earlier, should we be be tryng to avoid these big multi-national companies, should we trying to do without lending money from banks crdit cards, should we be investing our money in more ethical companies, or all of the above ?

Nothing is coming out that is telling us what to do, so people are losing interest and thinking it's just a load of grumpy hippies with nothing better to do.

Archived