"Senior Moments" - what's yours?

• 2 weeks later...

I lent my carpet cleaning machine to a friend of my son's. I got it back, and stored it in the shed. A few months later, I got it out to clean my carpet, plugged it in, and, although it wet the carpets, it would no longer dry them. I decided to take it to bits to see if I could see a blockage. There was no obvious cause, so I put it back together again. I then noticed there was a part missing off the front of it, so asked my son and his friend to check to see if the part was in their houses or boot of the car, and they had not noticed it.

There was no sign of the broken part, so I decided to take it to the tip. Took it out of the cardboard box at the tip, and there, nestling in the bottom of the box, was the broken part!

DOH!

I lent my carpet cleaning machine to a friend of my son's. I got it back, and stored it in the shed. A few months later, I got it out to clean my carpet, plugged it in, and, although it wet the carpets, it would no longer dry them. I decided to take it to bits to see if I could see a blockage. There was no obvious cause, so I put it back together again. I then noticed there was a part missing off the front of it, so asked my son and his friend to check to see if the part was in their houses or boot of the car, and they had not noticed it.

There was no sign of the broken part, so I decided to take it to the tip. Took it out of the cardboard box at the tip, and there, nestling in the bottom of the box, was the broken part!

DOH!

you silly monkey. :hihi:

i decided to sweep the piles of scattered leaves on the patio from the nearby enormous tree yesterday.(or was it the day before :confused:) anyway i swept them all into 1 big pile ready to bin---and then a gust of wind blew and scattered them all over again. i then thought maybe its a better idea not to sweep when its windy.

The other week, I had forgotten the security code to get into the door of my office. Walked down three flights of stairs to get the key from the managers office, and by the time i got there, I remembered the code. Didnt bother getting the key, and went back upstairs. Yes, you've guessed it - got all the way to the office, and forgot it again!

Archived