Barrowboys of castlefolds fruit market

gadget_man

A pal of mine who lived on East Bank Road worked there in the fifty,s and early sixties his name was Freddie Sanderson. He later worked for Monks on Queens Road before starting in a Co Op concrete business on Effingham Road.:D:D:cool:

Top Bloke is Fred.[/uOTE]

yes i remember freddie he worked on jonas parker and i worked next door at cottrills potatoes all cwt sacks fred had a beard and i remember fred having an operation on his testicles fred was a great happy mate ihope he is doing ok i can go to his house now mick and pat hickey:

Thats Fred i remember when he crashed his motor bike outside St Swithens on the Manor he was in a bad way but made it through.

As to his Walker and Halls well i never heard Sandra complain!

P.S. are you related to Brian Hickey another famous market lad.

Thats Fred i remember when he crashed his motor bike outside St Swithens on the Manor he was in a bad way but made it through.

As to his Walker and Halls well i never heard Sandra complain!

P.S. are you related to BianHickey another famous market lad.

yes brian was my brother but sadly died in 91 aged 51 and was still as fit as a fiddle but a massive heart attack while driving his car took his life ; Me and our brian left the market in 1966 to work for the NCB at salmon pastures as driver and mate driving the coal lorries delivering coal to houses all around sheffield and districts;that was a brilliant job and the wages were more than double what we got in the market;even though we loved working

in the market the wages were rubbish and you had to rely on the tips ETC+ETC::hihi:

yes brian was my brother but sadly died in 91 aged 51 and was still as fit as a fiddle but a massive heart attack while driving his car took his life ; Me and our brian left the market in 1966 to work for the NCB at salmon pastures as driver and mate driving the coal lorries delivering coal to houses all around sheffield and districts;that was a brilliant job and the wages were more than double what we got in the market;even though we loved working

in the market the wages were rubbish and you had to rely on the tips ETC+ETC::hihi:

Nudge Nudge, Wink, Wink.

Sorry to hear about your Brian he was a bit of a legend to us lot in our teens.

I remember Brian very well and went to his funeral, he was a good friend of my Dad and myself and used to go in the George at Woodhouse.

My Dad was Big Ada's barrow lad in the sixties and also worked for Jack Lord in later years.

I think you will probably know us.

Are you the one with the fish pond in your garden?.

I remember Brian very well and went to his funeral, he was a good friend of my Dad and myself and used to go in the George at woodhouse.

My Dad was Big Ada's barrow lad in the sixties and also worked for Jack Lord in later years.

I think you will probably know us.

Are you the one with the fish pond in your garden?.

not the one with the pond;i was the mechanic and if you are who i think you are i used to repair billys car and van when he worked for jack lord;if i have guessed right i could tell some stories ;as for Big ada i can remember her coming on cottrills next door but one to jack lords and she chased my brother[the one with the pond]off the stall cos she mistakenly thought he was talking about her;GOOD JOB SHE COULDN'T CATCH HIM :help::gag:

not the one with the pond;i was the mechanic and if you are who i think you are i used to repair billys car and van when he worked for jack lord;if i have guessed right i could tell some stories ;as for Big ada i can remember her coming on cottrills next door but one to jack lords and she chased my brother[the one with the pond]off the stall cos she mistakenly thought he was talking about her;GOOD JOB SHE COULDN'T CATCH HIM :help::gag:

Yep you got it, we could write a book but not on here.

I hope you're ok pal, Billy is I saw him today.

Yep you got it, we could write a book but not on here.

I hope you're ok pal, Billy is I saw him today.

nice to hear from you 'hope you are all ok-we still remember billy the Legend

give him our best regards [WHAT MEMORIES FROM THOSE MARKET DAYS]we could write a best seller entitled-the secret dealings of WILLIAM HENRY;

nice to hear from you 'hope you are all ok-we still remember billy the Legend

give him our best regards [WHAT MEMORIES FROM THOSE MARKET DAYS]we could write a best seller entitled-the secret dealings of WILLIAM HENRY;

I saw Billy yesterday and showed him your message and he loved it, he gave us all 10 minutes of what a great bloke you are etc,etc and then told us a few other stories. You know what he's like once he starts.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:....

Anyway he told us that the other day he was in the bottom of the lane and this bloke came in and said... "Billy I want to by you a drink"........ Billy said "why who are you"...... and the bloke replied "when I was young and skint in the market you showed me how to make a few quid". :hihi::hihi:....

He sends his regards to you and hearing from you really made his day.

I saw Billy yesterday and showed him your message and he loved it, he gave us all 10 minutes of what a great bloke you are etc,etc and then told us a few other stories. You know what he's like once he starts.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:....

Anyway he told us that the other day he was in the bottom of the lane andthis bloke came in and said... "Billy I want to by you a drink"........ Billy said "why who are you"...... and the bloke replied "when I was young and skint in the market you showed me how to make a few quid". :hihi::hihi:....

He sends his regards to you and hearing from you really made his day.

Thanks for that alex[i would liked to have been a fly on the wall]And tell Billy Ive got some new Burning tackle if he ever decides to come out of 'RETIREMENT'LOL-:banana::

Archived