Price of train ticket on day from Manchester airport back to Sheffield?

hi , anyone know what price train ticket is manchester airport to sheffield if i buy on day .... arriving off plane 18.25, but obviously not sure if will be delayed, or how long to wait for baggage etc, . been on site looking at prebooking, can get some really good prices, off peak return is 25 quid, but i can get a ticket for about 7 quid going out and 4.50 coming back , but that it on named trains. thanks

On the day it will the £25 off peak ticket that will be the cheapest one you can get.

Not sure if they still allow this but at one point you could purchase an advance cheap ticket booked on a train for a set time and you used to get a 2 hour window letting you catch a later train departing manchester airport if you could prove your inbound flight into manchester was delayed. I think the ticket was called an airport advance.

Book your tickets early to get the best deal and obviously allow time to clear customs etc, if your plane is delayed and you miss your train you can go to the enquires desk and get it endorsed for a later time.

Edit

I think you are allowed a two hour “slot” but I am not sure about that you would have to ask when booking.

On the day it will the £25 off peak ticket that will be the cheapest one you can get.

Not sure if they still allow this but at one point you could purchase an advance cheap ticket booked on a train for a set time and you used to get a 2 hour window letting you catch a later train departing manchester airport if you could prove your inbound flight into manchester was delayed. I think the ticket was called an airport advance.

my hubby is a conductor from sheffield to man airport and yes they still do this but now its a 3 hour window. so probably better booking in advance but make sure you keep all your flight documents with you to show why your on a later train ( does that make sense )

on the day it it £19.80 from a booking office from man air to sheffield, and £ 22.60 on the train

When booking in advance your return journey can be used up to 3 hours after the booked times to allow for delays. If longer than 3 hours you have to go to the tickets office at the airport for them to issue a new ticket.

this is true but only valid from the airport train station,

We got on the Cleethorpes train from Manchester Airport (straight through, calling at Manchester Piccadilly, Stockport, Dore and Totley and Sheffield Midland, or wotever they call it nowadays) last Tuesday morning, we flew in from Turkey and landed at 5:35 am, it was about 6:15 by the time we got our baggage and cleared customs, and the first train to Sheffield from the airport was 06:55, it cost me and the missus £22.60 EACH (ONE WAY) AND £11.30 for our 4 yr old, £56.50 for all 3 of us.

Much cheaper to buy BEFORE YOU GO!!!!

We had a brilliant time in Turkey, btw!! :)

Archived