Can we call it a peoples revolution after outside military intervention?

So are you saying using

Mercenaries ( or as we know them as contractors )

Is wrong ?

I don't support any type of murder espicaly the government sanctioned ones which is bizzarly dressed up as protecting or liberating

Saddest thing is many actualy fall for those excuses

I'm saying that your contention that gadaffis "forces" were made up of Libyans who thought his dictatorship was super was wrong and it was right for NATO to prtect the civilians who the regime was targetting.

You on the other hand seem to be proposing that we should have left misrata to be overrun and the libyan people massacred because that would have been a "good" massacre because it was done by a despotic lunatic whereas any civilian casualties that however carefully NATO tried to avoid them that resulted from strike missions arre inherantly evil and proof of some wierd conspiracy to grind up libyas firstborns into oil.

Libya was a good result, a tyrant has gone and libyans have a chance to build a fair democratic future. What's not to like?

Originally Posted by Peas Maker

8 months of bombing

4000+ sorties flown ( last time I looked )

Weapons supplied to rebels

If that is not massive outside support what is ?

Libya has around 5 mill in population it took the full might of NATO 8 months to finally end this

Meaning there was a good amount of support for Ghdaffi . No one cam deny that .

They didn't have much option until the situation changed, the alternative was execution

I'm saying that your contention that gadaffis "forces" were made up of Libyans who thought his dictatorship was super was wrong and it was right for NATO to prtect the civilians who the regime was targetting.

You on the other hand seem to be proposing that we should have left misrata to be overrun and the libyan people massacred because that would have been a "good" massacre because it was done by a despotic lunatic whereas any civilian casualties that however carefully NATO tried to avoid them that resulted from strike missions arre inherantly evil and proof of some wierd conspiracy to grind up libyas firstborns into oil.

Libya was a good result, a tyrant has gone and libyans have a chance to build a fair democratic future. What's not to like?

My bold= I see the conspiricys have begun.:hihi:

If you look into history you will see moroco and America are far closer than the uk is to the regime ! Eg morocco being the first country to recognize the united states after independence , etc I suggest you look at the facts it's no secret !

As for Saudi arabia you must be having a giraffe if you think any one is more closer to that oppressive barbaric regime than the America establishment !

I mean common you have seen bush kissing and holding hands with the king of Saudi Arabia ? Haven't you ?

And every one knows we ate the 51st state of America .

Strange you never include Syria or Iran in your barabaric regimes rants.

I dont see Saudi or Morocco killing hundreds of dissidents and driving thousands of others into exile.

I've come to the conclusion that you're an Iranian and as we all know there's a lot of bad feeling between Saudi and Iran at this time.

Not all Iranian ex-pats are against Amadinajad and Iran's oppresisve regime :D

We do not live in an ideal world.

Correct. But this is Sheffield Forum, there are rules and standards of etiquette.

While this particular instance might not be written in stone, it is generally accepted as the right thing to do.

Make a claim - be prepared to back it up. Simple really.

Correct. But this is Sheffield Forum, there are rules and standards of etiquette.

While this particular instance might not be written in stone, it is generally accepted as the right thing to do.

Make a claim - be prepared to back it up. Simple really.

By God, I thought I was on TV Weekly.

Dont shoot the piano player

Archived