Can we call it a peoples revolution after outside military intervention?

I have little doubt that NATO helping Libyan rebels was good thing. I also don't doubt that they did to improve relations with the rest of the middle east. Gaddaffi is dead, and although messy, overall it's a good thing.

BUT let's say it was for oil. Ambulances and fire engines don't run on fresh air. Our economy needs it and we run on an energy deficit. If it was going to secure us oil would air strikes be a bad thing ?

Not all of us are ok like your self with mass murder ( dressed up as freeing people from oppression )

He has failed to understand the average Libyan wss better of then than they are now...

What, better off in a mass grave at Abu Salim prison? Men, women and even children jailed because they disagreed with the regime and shot because they dared to stage a revolt for something more than their starvation rations?

1200 humans. Murdered and thrown into a hole in the ground. At the behest of Muammar Ghaddafi.

I'm not ok with mass murder (did I say I was ?) nor did I say the libyan civil war was oil motivated. It was coming our way anyway. but unless you have a power station in your back garden and are prepared to cycle to hospital with a broken leg you'd be advised to event air fuelled vehicles or get a stronger stomach. 20 years time wars for resources won't be sold as spreading freedom it will be sold as what it is.

He has failed to understand the average Libyan wss better of then than they are now , ( or will be by American imperial track record )

You probably need to go to libya and explain that to them. They seem rather happy, i'm sure you can make the case for dictatorial enslavement to them in person though.

by the way, you are clearly a troll.

Writing that in one line...

...could be construed as irony!

I dont make a habit of posting one line comments usually. I just find it irrittating that people like Balpin contradict someone else's point of view then provide no substance to back up the contradiction

Your banging on about if we have averted a masscare by boming a country back to the stone age !

It's laughable !!

Use some sense Andy !

30,000 dead already !

How many at the wrong end of NATO bombs who knows as it don't get reported does it !

I am fully aware ghdaffi used mecenaries

So does America by the thousands and thousands

Billion dollar industry being a mercenaries largely thanks to the people spreading peace and freedom around the world !

Don't u think ?

The crowds I saw on the telly seemed happy enough. Mind you they probably haven't read this thread yet.......

Right tinfoil - the crowds seen in tripoli like this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zRYtRqt824&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No really you shouldbundertand Libya the Islamist east of libya has always been hostile towards ghdaffi regime and the more open west Libyans !

Even the binlanden plot was from the east Libyan soil ,

Surely you knew that ?

Archived