Man who used to sing Rawhide!

:rant:

Does anyone remember the man who used to go into the Black Swan and other City Centre pubs in the 1960s, sing Rawhide and when it was the Bull whip part, hit himself over the head with a tin beer tray?

:rant:there was a guy who allways used to sing rawhide in marples at that time and he was allways introduced as; And now we have--,JOE,and he gave it all he could in the same key,everyone liked joe and he would get a huge round of applause,i don,t think he ever had a drink-he just came in to sing his song and enjoy the atmosphere,he was a harmless chap and everyone liked him,at that time he looked to be in his 40's and no hair on top,just a bit on the sides.:thumbsup:.

I remember Harry Bendon as the bluest of blue comedians, I was in the Mucky Duck one Saturday dinner time watching him when a wedding party trooped in, two minutes later they all trooped out, he was disgusting, but not sure if he did the head banging with beer tray.

Here's Harry!

A quick google search found him remembered on Liverpool, Leeds and Glasgow forums. A real character. :hihi:

Does anyone remember the man who used to go into the Black Swan and other City Centre pubs in the 1960s, sing Rawhide and when it was the Bull whip part, hit himself over the head with a tin beer tray?

The last time he sang it, or tried, his voice has gone, was at his 16 year old grand daughters birthday party. He served throughout the Korean war in the R.Sigs.

Archived