Theft from patient in hospital and a lack of action from the police

My friend was seriously ill in hospital one of his visitors came with their partners took a key for his house well he was unwell and stole items from his home and south yorkshire police will not do anything about this, bearing in mind my friend is still really poorly he has found out who had done it and has told the police but they stilll have no interest, but my friend has texted this person to say he is reporinting to the police which as you can imagine has caused an argument and this person has now reported him my friend to the police for sending harrassing texts and he has been given a warning, bearing in mind the police have admitted to my friend they have not seen any of these so called texts they have just taken this persons word.

Amazing they can do this but my friend who is rightfully upset with been stole from can not get anywhere with south yorkshire police

He is currently in the process of making an official complaint because it seems its ok for someone to take a key for someones house without permission go to their house when they are seriously ill and steal

advice please what to do now

we know that but are not getting anywhere with the police it was reported they gave us an incident number took some details but thats all since then the problem is this man who has stolen these items and the key is a solicitor and i really think for some reason the police are scared to act. Anyone else i am sure they would have been arrested by now. what makes me laugh is the fact my friend sends him these texts saying he knows it was him and hes reporting it to the police and so on and this thief reports that as harrassment and the police give my ill friends a warning, surely they can not be serious. He has a right to be angry but the police interviene the guy was that ill at the time when all this took place and this man took this key and stole from him he did not even know what had gone on until weeks later it amazes me how anyone can steal full stop but steal from someone in that situation and nothing be done. it is a shame names can not be mentioned on here to disgrace him and his actions, he has been reported to the solictors regulatory authority and they are investigating the matter at least they are taking the fact of theft serious shame aboutsouth yorkshire police

By posting all about it on here you may jepodise any possible police investigation. If it were me id be contatcting the IPCC and asking their advice.

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/en/Pages/default.aspx

The fact hes got an incident number shows that your friend is in the system and this cant be ignored. If you decide to take issue with the police directly then dont take a local resloution.

Had a response back from a Chief Superintendant at complaints regarding this matter and he feels the actions of his officers are fair and advices me to go to the IPCC i asked him directly if its no longer a criminal offence for someone ro steal from someones house but have not had a reply

If it had been someone breaking in to the house and stealing probably would be a different matter to the police but as its someone like a solicitor i think there too unwilling to act

Nice to know someome is allowed to steal and south yorkshire police allow it, My friend has been pretty seriously ill and really did not need all the added stress south yorkshire police have caused by not dealing with this matter how it should be

THANKS

Archived