Your electricity & gas bills?

How much does your gas and elec come to per month? No matter how much I cut down, I've never managed to get the bill down.

I pay £80 month in total, live alone and I'm out at work all day so only have the (gas) heating on for 1hr in morning and a couple of hours in the eve. Hate to think how much it costs the little old ladies at home all day.

£145/month for both in a big victorian terraced house with an outdated heating system. It's occupied pretty much 24/7 so that isn't too bad. Re-doing all the insulation in the next two weeks so that might help bring it down a bit. Although we pay £145 we are £500 in credit on the bill so won't be worrying about having the heating on this winter.

I believe British Gas do free insulation for their customers. Do any of the other suppliers have similar plans?

Yeah most if not all of them have a scheme

Insulation is £3 a roll at B&Q at the moment. I'd rather do mine in my own time and know it's done properly and it allows me to tackle a few other jobs in the loft at the same time - re-boarding, new TV arial etc... Insulation is costing me £27.

Ours is £195 per month. :o We are a family of 4 in a 5 bed Victorian semi, which is too old for cavity insulation and very drafty. Every room has 2 external walls.

Ouch!

I went on a tarriff fixed till 2014 as soon as I got wind of the recent price increases and pay £162 - 5 bedroom Edwardian semi.

Im with Scottish and Southern (SSE), I switched to their 3 year fixed tarrif last month

I currently pay a total of £88 a month for both gas and electric.

Take note of the meter readings every month, a mate of mine has a clip-on energy meter for

his electricity and he reckons he is 'losing' the equivalent of 1-kWh per day. Its probably

the tv and his kids computers/ game consoles plugged in but not being used, thats about

a £1.00 per week or £52.00 per year!

Archived