Your electricity & gas bills?

We're also now on a fixed tariff until Spring 2014 and currently negotiating it down to £183.

Is that with EDF? They're sneaky because they put the direct debit up within a month or two of signing up so that you end up hundreds of pounds in credit with them. They tried it with me and I phoned up to complain and they instantly reduced the direct debit back to its original level.

Is that with EDF? They're sneaky because they put the direct debit up within a month or two of signing up so that you end up hundreds of pounds in credit with them. They tried it with me and I phoned up to complain and they instantly reduced the direct debit back to its original level.

No, it's with NPower.

Hmmm they did that to me after I switched to them. Trouble is, no matter how many times I try and deciper their bills I'm none the wiser who owes what to who, with all the debits / credits / rebates / adjustments etc etc etc, or even how much I've actually used.

Hmmm they did that to me after I switched to them. Trouble is, no matter how many times I try and deciper their bills I'm none the wiser who owes what to who, with all the debits / credits / rebates / adjustments etc etc etc, or even how much I've actually used.

Just go and live in a log cabin in the woods and forage for firewood.

Was listening to the debate on the cost of power last week. The only solution the VAT Man could come up with is to switch suppliers more often, great!! He has not tried to lower the cost over the grid of power which is the real problem. I don't think he has the slightest idea on contractual T&C and the minimum contract length permitted before switching and totally failed to identify the hooks that suppliers put into contracts. Then there is the cost of switching in terms of settlement, making sure someone is home when the meter reader comes (or doesn't as is frequently the case). On top of all that I would not be much better off, if at all, by switching suppliers.

wasnt david cameron supposed to be telling the power companies last week to sort something out :huh:. i bet he didnt tell them they need to pay more tax on the profits they make :suspect:

He was supposed to be meeting with them, but the cynic in me makes me think its only so he can be seen to be doing something, when in fact he's in the pocket of these guys and so wont actually do anything to upset them. We need Richard Branson to sort this out like he did with the mobile phone providers. Virgin Power anyone?

Archived