Your electricity & gas bills?

wasnt david cameron supposed to be telling the power companies last week to sort something out :huh:. i bet he didnt tell them they need to pay more tax on the profits they make :suspect:

Major shareholders of these power companies will likely be commercial organisations that supply a great deal of Tory party funding. Cameron wasn't going there to upset them.

Was listening to the debate on the cost of power last week. The only solution the VAT Man could come up with is to switch suppliers more often, great!! He has not tried to lower the cost over the grid of power which is the real problem. I don't think he has the slightest idea on contractual T&C and the minimum contract length permitted before switching and totally failed to identify the hooks that suppliers put into contracts. Then there is the cost of switching in terms of settlement, making sure someone is home when the meter reader comes (or doesn't as is frequently the case). On top of all that I would not be much better off, if at all, by switching suppliers.

You mean you'd have to pay for the stuff you'd already used? Why shouldn't you? We swapped suppliers in January and are now paying vitually half of what we did before then..well worth swapping..

Major shareholders of these power companies will likely be commercial organisations that supply a great deal of Tory party funding. Cameron wasn't going there to upset them.
yes me and you can see that, but i wonder why the tories on here think its ok that these companies can get away with paying as little as tax as possible on profits which are astronomical:huh:

More details please!

We were with NPower paying about 155/month...swapped to Scottish Power in January.. monthly payment went down to 119..after the last meter reading (last week) we were about 300 in credit and Scottish Power have put our DD down to 85/month... all for the sake of 10 mins online with uswitch..all this with no change in useage..we send in meter readings every quarter and the account is managed on line in real time..easy peasy :)

Just go and live in a log cabin in the woods and forage for firewood.

I did that when I lived in a student house on Everton Road. I used to hop over the wall into Endcliffe Park at the top of the road and chop down a tree for wood to burn in the open fire place in my room.

We were with NPower paying about 155/month...swapped to Scottish Power in January.. monthly payment went down to 119..after the last meter reading (last week) we were about 300 in credit and Scottish Power have put our DD down to 85/month... all for the sake of 10 mins online with uswitch..all this with no change in useage..we send in meter readings every quarter and the account is managed on line in real time..easy peasy :)

We looked into Scottish Power and for us the saving was negiligible without the fixed price guarantee until 2014. With NPower they will not put it up if energy prices increase but if they decrease then they will reduce it.

Archived