Your electricity & gas bills?

We looked into Scottish Power and for us the saving was negiligible without the fixed price guarantee until 2014. With NPower they will not put it up if energy prices increase but if they decrease then they will reduce it.

Ok I suppose it differs between people and companies..

Ok I suppose it differs between people and companies..

My understanding is that energy companies have a sliding scale of different charges per area, so those who live in the affluent postcodes of S10, S11 etc tend to pay more. I can't remember where I heard this but it may account for the vast differences in some of the prices quoted on this thread, after size and type of property and daytime presence have been factored in. I live in S11.

My understanding is that energy companies have a sliding scale of different charges per area, so those who live in the affluent postcodes of S10, S11 etc tend to pay more. I can't remember where I heard this but it may account for the vast differences in some of the prices quoted on this thread, after size and type of property and daytime presence have been factored in. I live in S11.

The fact is it's all made so complicated on purpose so nobody can actually say who is cheapest, and most dont have the time / patience /mental ability to work it out. I've not heard that one tho Suffy

The fact is it's all made so complicated on purpose so nobody can actually say who is cheapest, and most dont have the time / patience /mental ability to work it out. I've not heard that one tho Suffy

To be honest using u-switch was a piece of cake..just put your energy useage in the website and it gives you the best/cheapest deal for you...

I'm sure that this is the case. My husband once looked into why we seemed to be paying almost double what a lot of his colleagues pay and it seems that different rates are charged per area.

Archived